ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supercharger?

Its super tight, generating belt sufficient wrap and rigidity are all issues.

Not really willing to give anything away, but mount kits will be available if people want to do the rest of the setup themselves.

ben is it a kit that can bolt on to a full fat 182 or do you need to loose air con etc to make space?

aircon is gone.

Had to make a choice of junking it or increasing costs exponentially for the complexity of a remote drive system.

A conversion will be expensive, but there is expensive, and there is so expensive that they will never sell.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Theres a company who make a supercharger for the 172/182. They are called Rotrex and it comes from Sweeden. Local tuners/rolling road to be set one up before christmas made a healthy 250bhp.

Rotrex indeed, its the most easily available charger. But it was at BenP's initial choice, i wanted to run another item, but we've stuck with it.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
rotrex considered it uneconomic to run a remote charger.

its a shame as it would have made a great add on to the air con cars.

It would never sell, the charger itself with extended drive setup, before any mounting kits and drive takeoff kits, would cost about £2k.

ClioSport -01
Why don´t move the watercooler back in the car. Alot of space in the engine bay and then fitt turbo and supercharger. ;)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Vey old topic i know but we've now got the setup running and mapped to 6k on our 172, it's making a very healthy 275hp and 240lbft. Clutch seems to be holding up at the moment but not really done many miles.

It flies!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Vey old topic i know but we've now got the setup running and mapped to 6k on our 172, it's making a very healthy 275hp and 240lbft. Clutch seems to be holding up at the moment but not really done many miles.

It flies!

sounds good

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
3.5 maybe. Ben's your man there though.

Compared to other upgrades that alot of power per £

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Because they need a turbo that spools very very quickly to make the torque and clean the smoke up

Ph1
Are those bhp and torque results based on the charger and map all done on a stock base engine ?

Basically a clear 100+ bhp gain to be had out the box from results so far or is this in conjunction with other mods too?

Clio Sport 172 ph1
I'm interested in compression ratio. Did You lower it with low comp pistons or is it same as stock engine?

Did You put the price tag on the brackets yet?
I plan to start the project like that here in Poland next year.
I will obviously need some parts :) and a good advice ;)