ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Supercharging

Lotus Exige
Any interest on here to work with us in carrying out a Supercharger installation ?

We envisage 7.5 psi boost with a remap/larger injectors/intercooler etc and around 250 BHP and 190Lb-ft of torque but turbo type delivery i.e. an initial hit of torque then holding on to high revs.
We will use a centrifugal type but carefully match the size to capacity/revs etc [We have a novel idea on how to get early delivery of boost]

Sorry my first post is not an informative nugget but we could have an inexpensive alternative avail when this all works.

Allan

pm or email through my profile

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hummm, where you based, what sort of cost etc, if you f**k up our engine, what happens

Nippy white cup
Could you send me a bit more info m8.....My cup is only used on trackdays so it wouldn't matter about me being without for a bit..how much cash are we talking etc

Chris

MKIII 138
dependant on price this would be an exellent package for a cliosport big power but no compromise with lag like a turbo. would like to see a pristine clio trophy with SC install though :D

Allan,

You should of mentioned it to James Wolstenholme or Stevo whilst i was up there, you need not look any further.

Lotus Exige
Hi Ben
We were still playing our cards close at that stage. I also needed to get the suppliers "onside" with some sort of loyalty/exclusivity, as we will be expending the time at our cost to get it right. I would therefore be a little p!$$ed if they then supplied all & sundry.

Are you in then ?

Cheers

Allan

Depending whats on the cards and what sort of development program would be planned, certainly.

I can pop up friday when james is up to talk tech?

Hi Ben
We were still playing our cards close at that stage. I also needed to get the suppliers "onside" with some sort of loyalty/exclusivity, as we will be expending the time at our cost to get it right. I would therefore be a little p!$$ed if they then supplied all & sundry.

Are you in then ?

Cheers

Allan

Lotus Exige
Update

OK chaps. We have 4 or 5 people willing to work with us on this. Whomever is geographically closest to Silverstone would be ideal ?

We are looking at 172 Cup, 182 Cup & 182. The 182 will present issues on aircon etc so we will look at it last. After the 182 we will be looking for a 197 to do. We expect there to be hurdles to overcome, such as routing, plastic manifolds etc etc.

As for price expectations, our aim is to have a "drive in drive out" price in the region of +- c£3500 + vat. Please do not take this as an advert, it is merely in response to a question asked.

Regards

Allan

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
im sure someone posted on here about doing a supercharged one could be wrong though

Turbos.
Someone tried with Rotrex chargers... can't remember the company but their Civic Type R conversion is successful i believe.

Are you opposite the Drift Works boys?

Lotus Exige
We are at Unit 41 Silverstone Circuit. See www.wrc-tech.net and we are looking at using a Rotrex working with the importer, who have a fast Civic Type R and Integra Type R with these on them.

Allan

Its been done before the supercharger route by a German compmay £6k as it was TUC approved etc and wasn't hge power stock internals I think.

182 Cup
I've been interested in the supercharger tuning route for a while, c£3,500 appears cheap. The Rotrex unit alone from the states works out at around £1,250. There was a guy on Renaultsport.co.uk that posted the following:

Me:
I saw on a previous thread that you have a supercharged 172, is that correct? If so what supercharger are you using and who did the work?

Cheers,

Him:
It's a modded RSE kit, and a mate who used to work a Williams and prodrive has done all the work, I will get him to pm you with all the details if you want, but.........if your thinking of getting yours done I would think very carefully as it now has so much power it's a pig to drive (no traction control) and shreds tyres without even trying, also can spin the wheels in 3rd and is impossible to hold in a straight line under hard acceleration, imho it was better without it
icon_smile_cry.gif

Oh and it's not cheap........

He quoted a rolling road figure of 238bhp if memory serves.

Lotus Exige
Maybe TUC refers to what the gearbox internals are made from ? Seriously thats why we are looking at Supercharging as its delivery is normally linear to revs and not a big slug of torque like a turbo charger.

We are turbo nutters but realise that the transmission is a weak point on small cars, so they are more suited to a superchargers gentle delivery.

Cheers

Allan

BTW we can offer low rate finance to applicants who meet the criteria on these installs. Usual terms apply, this is not an offer yadda yadda yadda