ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPERCHIP OR RSPORT ECU

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Re: Archived Post from old forum

rich[182];546873 said:
me understand now, but can a dealer tell that the engine, timing, ignition, fuelling parameters have been modified if its hooked up to their diagnostic computer if it goes in for work

if car wasnt running right and it went into dealer surely the first thing they would look at are the above such settings ?? and therefore theyd know something was amiss ??

This happened to me.

I had mine Superchipped - there's no alternative where I am on the other side of the world.

A while later I went to the dealer complaining about something else altogether - the inaccuracy of the trip computer readings actually - and the dealer decided something was amiss in the ECU. They couldn't figure out what it was, so they started trying to write new values into it. They only realised it was that it was rechipped when I told them. To this day the neither the dealer or I know for certain whether what they tried to do overwrote what Superchips put in the car.

Superchips said they couldn't have, because the only way the Superchips dealer had been able to get a new map into my car was by pulling out the ECU and soldering a new chip into it, so they were pretty certain Renault couldn't have permanently overwritten the map through the OBDII port. But later I found out everyone else can.

mine is out of warranty so i dont have to worry about this so much but if it ever went in i want to make sure it cant be messed around with by renault

A4 oil burner !!!
I had a SS Magnex cat back fitted,viper kit and a superchip fitted about 18 months ago. RR before mods was 171.5 Bhp then after 174.5 Bhp so not alot of difference but the torque graph had definitely improved. Feels a lot keener to pull from lower down in the rev range. I am happy with the mods.
Waiting for Yozza to get some more decats in then will get it fitted at the same time they do my inlet manifold @Angelworks. Ben said there was no need to get the ecu reflashed to cater for the mods so will see how it goes !

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
I have a question, currently I have panel filter, decat, and exhaust. I am waiting to get an inlet manifold, but haven't been able to get one yet. If I went to RStuning in Leeds and got a remap, would I need another remap once inlet fitted, or would it just adjust?

i would wait to be honest mate i am getting my system fitted this weekend then getting my decat done when ys pull their fingers out lol...getting my bmc fitted then going to hillpower and getting inlet work done and the group n ecu done...few