ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superchip

05 Clio 182 cup
Hi everyone , well had her over a week now and getting the itch to do a wee bit tuning , not lookin for crazy h/pwr or that but what results can I expect from induction kit with good air supply , K tec ultra performance exhaust and de-cat section and was thinking super chip as I don't really wanna shell out 1k on k-tec Gen 90 ...could I expect a decent return for my £ with this set up ? Or anyone got a better idea what to go for as I said not chasing crazy bhp just looking for a bit more fun out her cheers for any reply or suggestions ....Bryan

Would prob spend up to £1100 this time round ....another wee question if I wanted a cam upgrade later would I have to change the super chip?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
"superchips" is a company. You want a good quality remap. If you changed to cams later on, you would need another remap to suit.

E36 M3. 182
So, would a package of say, Inlets, Cams, Panel Filter and Remap to suit the mods be a good option without resorting to ITB's or FI??

E36 M3. 182
The cars have been around for a while, theres been a fair bit of research into what works and what doesnt, there is a good selection of well regarded people who offer their services, yet people still think tuning cars is as MaxPower used to describe it back in the 90's!!! I deliberately havent used the 'search function' response, but really, Superchips?? What next, Electric superchargers??

53 Clio's & counting
Forget the Superchip mate, get a decent custom remap.

With around a grand budget I would get:

Some sort of stainless echaust (The standard one rusts away after 5 minutes) £350 ish
Matched inlet manifolds (The inlets come in 2 pieces and are rarely well matched) £160 ish
Clio Ph1 172 airbox (And silicone inlet elbow Danny ;) x) - makes a good cheap upgrade - £60 ish 2nd hand
Custom remap - (NOT a chip) - £300-£400

With that lot, you should be somewhere around 170-175bhp. (As long as your cambelt timing is correct)

If you have any money left over, Id be sticking some better brake pads on too.

Personally, for a grand I would be fitting new brembo discs, decent pads, some good tyres and renewing any worn parts (bushes, shockers etc)

05 Clio 182 cup
Cheers for the help much appreciated . Alliwas going with was super chips own website were they claim that alone gives 11 bhp , just wanted to ask around before going and wasting money cheers again

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
LOL, you won't get that from a map. Their maps actully change very very little

Where in the country are you?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Forget the Superchip mate, get a decent custom remap.

With around a grand budget I would get:

Some sort of stainless echaust (The standard one rusts away after 5 minutes) £350 ish
Matched inlet manifolds (The inlets come in 2 pieces and are rarely well matched) £160 ish
Clio Ph1 172 airbox (And silicone inlet elbow Danny ;) x) - makes a good cheap upgrade - £60 ish 2nd hand
Custom remap - (NOT a chip) - £300-£400

With that lot, you should be somewhere around 170-175bhp. (As long as your cambelt timing is correct)

If you have any money left over, Id be sticking some better brake pads on too.

Personally, for a grand I would be fitting new brembo discs, decent pads, some good tyres and renewing any worn parts (bushes, shockers etc)

You expect the car to get less than the original spec after all those upgrades?! that make no sense...

You expect the car to get less than the original spec after all those upgrades?! that make no sense...

Pro tip/Insider secret/actually-quite-well-known-snippet: RS Clios don't really produce anything that close to 172/182 as standard.

EDIT 1: Well, I was a bit late to the party...

EDIT 2: Amazed at your postcount, there's a "let's all laugh at this ebay ad power claim" twice a day!

53 Clio's & counting

Most 172's make circa 165bhp mate, and 182's circa 170-175bhp

the 172/182 is in PS not bhp, and most don't make the standard figures anyway.