ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superchips ReMap

Clio RS 200
Car goes into Superchips this Wedneday for the bluefin development and free remap. I will use this thread to post results etc along with some photos. :)

53 Clio's & counting
Id get a rolling road done at a seperate Rolling road before, then again at that same rollers after the work mate - to compare to what superchips results are

172 cup,megane coupe
Hi there I was going to get my 172 chipped but was told to put a induction kit on before I take it will it make any difference ??? I love the sound as it is I don't want it to be loud lol

53 Clio's & counting
Just 'chipped' then no it wont make a difference - a custom map then yes but hardly anything.

Bear in mind a open induction kit will loose you power not gain

172 cup,megane coupe
Thanks m8 , I've only had the Clio 4 days and I'm over the moon with it but I just wanted a little bit more power but I'm new to this lol

53 Clio's & counting
Lol if you need more pkwer after four days dude wouldnt it have been a better idea to buy a faster car in the first place? :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks m8 , I've only had the Clio 4 days and I'm over the moon with it but I just wanted a little bit more power but I'm new to this lol

A good quality exhaust, decent set of springs (or coilovers if you're wealthy), remap the ecu, and decent brakes, job done.
Anything else is a waste of money really.

Last edited:
  172 cup,megane coupe
Lol Russ don't get me wrong it's quick but they can be quicker lol 195 bhp will do me it's had all corners done and lowered it holds the road like a go kart lol it just needs some more mid range power and it will be a beast lol

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Just 'chipped' then no it wont make a difference - a custom map then yes but hardly anything.

Bear in mind a open induction kit will loose you power not gain

Do you really think that the biggest commercial mapper in the UK is going to stick a chip in a modern ECU? Of course it's a remap, and because it's the first one they're doing it will be customised. It'll then be used as the base for their future Clio 197 retail maps.

A good quality exhaust, decent set of springs (or coilovers if you're wealthy), remap the ecu, and decent brakes, job done.
Anything else is a waste of money really.

Just do a track day with some tuition, take any excess weight out and you'll be going quicker than all of those put together.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
For sure Fred, I was saying that the days of EPROM are long gone.

I'd still argue a map is pointless if all you've got is an exhaust and a filter on an NA engine.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
For sure Fred, I was saying that the days of EPROM are long gone.

I'd still argue a map is pointless if all you've got is an exhaust and a filter on an NA engine.

the days of soldering eprom chips into the ECU are long gone, but only if your car was made after 2001.

Clio RS 200
Fantastic Service from Superchips today. Will get some chart and photos up ASAP.

Flywell power scaled to air intake temp of 20'c (to match manufacturers advertised power etc) - Pre work 203.4bhp post - 211bhp.

Actual with air intake of 53'c (on the rolling road) - Pre 195ish bhp post 203bhp.

On the road will be somewhere inbetween.

Big Tourqe gains and actually driving experience is hugely improved. Feels alot quicker and smoother right throughout. Woudl highly recomend. Feel free to PM me with any sensible questions etc and i will email you the graphs. :)

Cheers

Lionel Richie
Flywell power scaled to air intake temp of 20'c (to match manufacturers advertised power etc) - Pre work 203.4bhp post - 211bhp.

Actual with air intake of 53'c (on the rolling road) - Pre 195ish bhp post 203bhp

i bet they say their remap gives 210bhp

53 Clio's & counting
It is so easy to see how people get suckered in, i agree with fred, i expect the advertised figure will be 210

53 Clio's & counting
Do you really think that the biggest commercial mapper in the UK is going to stick a chip in a modern ECU? Of course it's a remap, and because it's the first one they're doing it will be customised. It'll then be used as the base for their future Clio 197 retail maps.

thanks, im fully aware how cars are mapped/ configured ;) as fred stated i was merely stating the difference between a gineric Map and custom, i stated the word 'chipped' as that is what most people still refere to as a gineric map :)

Clio RS 200
It is so easy to see how people get suckered in, i agree with fred, i expect the advertised figure will be 210

I dont see what the big deal is with them doing that though. Its the same scale as manufactorers use when cars are new and the pre-map figures given are using the same scale, so its a 10bhp increase (regardless of the scale you use) and the car now revs to 8080rpm (although im not taking it that high!!!). Beyond all the figures though, the every day driving exsperiance has been vastly improved! No more max speeds of 2mph when cold and there are no flat spots whatsoever! Torque has been hugely improved and it is noticeably faster.

I would highly recommend the map (ignoring figures) for the overall improved driving exsperiance it has given.

My personal experiance of Superchips has been excellent all round and the bluefin is fantastic for warrenty perpuses as you can reload the original map at any point within seconds. Thank you Superchips. :)

I dont see what the big deal is with them doing that though. Its the same scale as manufactorers use when cars are new and the pre-map figures given are using the same scale, so its a 10bhp increase (regardless of the scale you use) and the car now revs to 8080rpm (although im not taking it that high!!!). Beyond all the figures though, the every day driving exsperiance has been vastly improved! No more max speeds of 2mph when cold and there are no flat spots whatsoever! Torque has been hugely improved and it is noticeably faster.

I would highly recommend the map (ignoring figures) for the overall improved driving exsperiance it has given.

My personal experiance of Superchips has been excellent all round and the bluefin is fantastic for warrenty perpuses as you can reload the original map at any point within seconds. Thank you Superchips. :)

Oh dear!

I'll give it a year before that blows itself to a million pieces revving that high and not having a 'cold limiter' when its not up to temperature, its there for a reason...

Clio RS 200
Superchips Graph.jpg

Clio RS 200
Oh dear!

I'll give it a year before that blows itself to a million pieces revving that high and not having a 'cold limiter' when its not up to temperature, its there for a reason...

Sorry, did i not highlight enough that i will not be taking it that high. The car isnt 'limited' when cold, SOME of them just run like a sack of s!t for the 1st 2 minutes of driving...... ;)

Im willing to place any amount of bet you want.......

Bloody hell, some of you lot are so pessimistic, im supprised half of you have even got a clio, or any kind of 'hot hatch'.

The amount half of these cars have been ragged to hell for the last 10 years, im sure an engine will be able to cope with an extra 10bhp for longer then a year.

Sorry, did i not highlight enough that i will not be taking it that high. The car isnt 'limited' when cold, SOME of them just run like a sack of s!t for the 1st 2 minutes of driving...... ;)

Im willing to place any amount of bet you want.......

Bloody hell, some of you lot are so pessimistic, im supprised half of you have even got a clio, or any kind of 'hot hatch'.

The amount half of these cars have been ragged to hell for the last 10 years, im sure an engine will be able to cope with an extra 10bhp for longer then a year.

No, i'm a realist.

I'm not trying to take the piss i'm just clearly stating, i'd personally take it to someone thats had lots of experience in mapping a specific manufactuer that's qualified rather than every tom/dick and harry's cars. The fact it shows in the rolling road printout, why make the car rev to over 8,000rpm when it makes peak power at around 7,500rpm.

Indeed these engines are well made and relish being driven hard, but with a decent calibration...

I'll leave it at that, as long as your happy and its made a difference, just hope you dont get stung later down the line.

Clio RS 200
Aparently also takes into account the set up of the rolling road, tyre contact etc.

Its corrected back to standard mmanufacutrer tests; either way, huge improvement in everyday use and the computer is now regisetering an extra 3mpg when comparing to as close a before and after drive as i could do.

Im now averaging just over 30mpg (yes i do drive carefully and dont rag around everywhere).

To be honest, whether a car has 211 or 203bhp, im no where near a good enough driver to get the diffference out of the car anyway.

If there are any 200 owners who are seriously interested who would like to come out for a trip to see the difference, let me know. You will notice the difference too!

Last edited:
  Clio RS 200
No, i'm a realist.

I'm not trying to take the piss i'm just clearly stating, i'd personally take it to someone thats had lots of experience in mapping a specific manufactuer that's qualified rather than every tom/dick and harry's cars. The fact it shows in the rolling road printout, why make the car rev to over 8,000rpm when it makes peak power at around 7,500rpm.

Indeed these engines are well made and relish being driven hard, but with a decent calibration...

I'll leave it at that, as long as your happy and its made a difference, just hope you dont get stung later down the line.

I dont drive around at 400 mph anyway; if my brother had the car, i would tend to agree with you but the way i drive and the frequency that i service my cars, the engine would be fine at 200,000. lol :)

Clio RS 200
Oh, just to add, my car was custom mapped, it didnt have a 'standard cover' map installed, so other cars are likely to achieve different result and may not preform as well if blanket mapped and not customed.

I would recommend to anyone who has a map done to get it custom done for there car.

182 Turbo Project
So you have to hide it come service time?

Shame they can't be like Thorney with VXR range....

Oh wait....

Clio RS 200
How much are they gonna be charging for this?

PM me if interested, im trying to get a discount agreement for Ciosport.net members and may be able to try and get a discount for you. (Given the response most people give, i doubt anyone else will be grateful for my efforts!) :rasp:

Clio RS 200
So you have to hide it come service time?

Shame they can't be like Thorney with VXR range....

Oh wait....

My uncle works for Renault locally and aparantly, the never check anyway, so you could probably leave it as normal.

If Renault update the standard map, you can upload onto the devise (via superchips (free of charge) and flip between the updated standard map and modified. :)