ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Superguard

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nope not even vaguely, its 20 quid of product, is an hours labour to put on, and then is just an enormous chunk of profit for them.

TBH I would think even people who sell heroin to kids would blush at the margins that dealers make on superguard, it really is properly immoral.

1.8 Civic EX
Lol thanks chaps. Thought as much. I've got plenty if bits at home. Think I'll stick a few coats if z2 on. Should do the job!

1.8 Civic EX
Yeah just looks like a nano sealant from what he showed me. He said it would prevent swirl marks when washing the car. I struggled not to laugh at that point.

Honda & VW
Yeah just looks like a nano sealant from what he showed me. He said it would prevent swirl marks when washing the car. I struggled not to laugh at that point.

Yet you've contemplated going for it?

I've got a chocolate fire guard for sale if you're interested?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
NO I went on a paint course once. The chap said it completely stops the lacquer doing what it's suppose to do...breathe

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nope not even vaguely, its 20 quid of product, is an hours labour to put on, and then is just an enormous chunk of profit for them.

TBH I would think even people who sell heroin to kids would blush at the margins that dealers make on superguard, it really is properly immoral.

Oh my god. A business is trying to make money?? How very dare they.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Can someone explain exactly what this is?

​if its a sealant how can it be that bad? Unless its no a sealant? Then what is it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can someone explain exactly what this is?

​if its a sealant how can it be that bad? Unless its no a sealant? Then what is it?

Nobody can, not even the supaguard rep! It's largely a load of tosh but it does seem good value to a customer (Who isn't into car cleaning) wanting to protect their brand new £15k purchase.

I've got 10-odd kits at work. (Had them for years!)

Basically, they are sold as a protective package for the customers new car. A polish/sealant type thing, an interior scotchguard fabric protection spray and an aftercare kit for the customer which consists of alloy wheel cleaner, 2 microfibres, top up polish, bird crap disolver and some car shampoo.

Usual price at a dealers is £299 ish, and that obviously includes the application of the product and a big aftercare kit for the customer to take home.

You get a 3 year guarantee with it too. So if a bird s**ts on your car and it etches into the lacquer, Supaguard will pay for the repair. Same with interior spillages on the seats/carpets etc.

Basic kits can be bought on ebay for £20 and under but the big kits that the dealers are 'supposed' to give the customer used to cost the dealer £45+vat to buy. Plus paying the valeter to apply the product prior to delivery, plus filling out and sending off the guarantees.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't sound too bad in the grand scheme of things then

​if you ignore the silly price tag of course.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I wouldn't have it for free. Last thing I want is a dealer touching my paint.

Tell the dealer that you dont even want it washing before you pick it up and either buy some good gear or book it in for a detail.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Tell the dealer that you dont even want it washing before you pick it up and either buy some good gear or book it in for a detail.

What if you don't care about micro swirls and polishing it with unicorn sperms?

99% of the car buying public wouldn't be able to tell if the cars had a £600 detail or the dealer has done a standard valet.

Suzuki Jimny

I wasn't allowed to collect mine unless they cleaned it first. Swirl marks all over!

Honda & VW
When taking my old Audi into a dealership for a service I told the lady when I booked in that under no circumstance do I want it washed/cleaned whatever. I also put a post it note on the dash and also another in the service book. I then even rang during the day to reiterate it. Thankfully they listened

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like some have said. I wouldn't accept it for free.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mate I don't have enough time in the day to tell you how different they are.

One is a real sealant. The other is fancy water. I know this because we re-apply the stuff to people's cars.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok then, so to the 90% of people who aren't as anal about cleaning as you or me for example what's the reason for not having it if it makes it easier for them to wash it? Especially if the dealers throw it in for free or for a few £

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well I disagree. 90% of customers won't ever know if it's still working. It doesn't bead and sheet water like ceramic sealants.

It's ironic that it's about 5x more expensive than a proper ceramic sealants!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
But for example (sorry if this is annoying you but this product really irritates me lol) a guy in work has it on his brand new (few years old now) Toyota iq and he's convinced it stays cleaner. He does say the car seems harder to wash but overall he's happy with the product.

this guy likes to keep his car (Astra) clean with a brush and is happy with the results he achieves. I'd say this guy is in the majority looking at how many people use sponges to clean their cars and throw the remaining water in the bucket to rinse off the car at the end?