ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surely this can't be right?

SchwepTek™
I did a 25 mile round trip last night, not going over 70mph and it used 1 bar of petrol!!!

Also, everytime i reset my mpg it always go back to 31.2!!!

Is something wrong or could the decat be affecting this?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
If you use the power, 31mpg sounds alright? It is a 2ltr engine with 91bhp/NA litre. Don't take too much notice of some of the mad figures posted on here :)

SchwepTek™
Mine does to about 41 on long motorway drives but surely using a bar of petrol in 25 miles isnt right???

tiTTy & SV650
got 37-38mpg in my 182 average speed 70 (A roads cruising at 80 where poss and overtaking constantly) doing 300 miles twice a week for a year

clio 172 cup
im getting 29mpg now and thats driving quite hard.
what petrol did u put in, i put some normal unleaded total fuel in my cup
drove motorway 80mph then country lanes i was down to 22mpg

titanium 182,
i get 35 average in my car and over 40 on a run.. usually squezze about 335 to 349 miles from a tank of super if your getting much less than this you have a heavy right foot :) or you drive around the local circuit to much

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
tbh i thought it was over fuelling lol i just got my car back from bein bored out and rebuilt lol

PH1 172 Sport
I lol when i read some of the high end mpg that some claim

I get 38mpg consistently over a tank week in week out. Though most of my miles are Dual carrige way or motorway. I dont see why people would make it up. If I calculate the mpg properly taking into account the speedo overreading it still comes back as 36-37mpg.

Im getting 31 all day every day, i dont care for the shiite i keep hearing about high 40's, total pish.

:D ive aways questioned high mpg at figures claimed here from rs clios ive herd stories getting close to dci miles out of a tank :S

i drive a dci an get 56mpg acording to http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php best way fill you car up reset the miles drive around as you would take a note of how many ltrs you put back in then use that i think this is more ture to life imo

if a 2.0 clio was this good on fuel we wouldnt need a derv eiither that or you drive in slippers ;)

lend me a rs for a month an i lend you my dci an see if you can get more out of it then me :eek:

Last edited:
  e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
DSC00450.jpg

Old man style driving, 50mph on the motorway :rasp:

Trophy 265/500
If I keep to 65-70 I can get happy joy 40-45, especially if I avoid battering along.

If I keep to more typical motorway speed, I get about 36 or so. Proper thrashing drops off further.

Drops lower with crap 95 RON obv.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im getting 31 all day every day, i dont care for the shiite i keep hearing about high 40's, total pish.

:D ive aways questioned high mpg at figures claimed here from rs clios ive herd stories getting close to dci miles out of a tank :S

i drive a dci an get 56mpg acording to http://www.torquecars.com/tools/uk-mpg-calculator.php best way fill you car up reset the miles drive around as you would take a note of how many ltrs you put back in then use that i think this is more ture to life imo

if a 2.0 clio was this good on fuel we wouldnt need a derv eiither that or you drive in slippers ;)

lend me a rs for a month an i lend you my dci an see if you can get more out of it then me :eek:

No coz you will rag the tits out of it lol.

I can beleive some people getting 39-42mpg but not for a prolonged period of time. I think the most ive had from a tank is about 320 miles, and thats a mixture of driving, still the Clio RenaultSports werent built to give you 44mpg...

I can beleive some people getting 39-42mpg but not for a prolonged period of time. I think the most ive had from a tank is about 320 miles, and thats a mixture of driving, still the Clio RenaultSports werent built to give you 44mpg...

:S really i wouldnt i drive like i normaly do id be to worried about spending huge sums of money on fuel :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

:S really i wouldnt i drive like i normaly do id be to worried about spending huge sums of money on fuel :eek:

Dont buy a RenaultSport then lol, nah there not that bad, i do beleive they run alot better and smoother at first ignition running on Vpower. I thought i was alot of b****cks at first but the ECU seems to have told the car to just settle down lol

Plus at 5 pence more a litre its hardly that much dearer:eek:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Group N map runs muuuuuch better on v-power :approve: .. just a shame it is 6p more a litre :dapprove: .. all adds up

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If ive worked it out i reckon the difference between unleaded and V power, your only really paying an extra £3.50 a tank with Vpower being £1.229 a litre and Unleaded being £1.159 a litre, on the basis of a 50 litre or 11 gallon tank which i think the 172/182's iirc?

Black Clio 182+cups
i get around the 31 mark consistently. i'm sorry but if you're getting more than about 36ish then i'd say you're not using it's potential at all (unless you track it occasionally). though you could argue you can't use it "as intended" on the road anyway without overtly breaking the law