ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surrey Rolling Road Pics

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm very happy.

I made within 1 bhp of what it made at the same rolling road 13 months and 23,000 miles ago :approve:

Good to see everyone again today.

Mr Mahoosive - thank you...it's perfect.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
nice to meet new faces and some old faces lol.

I got 127bhp/131pounds of torque in my baby, standard is 118bhp. I do have a upgraded exhuast & enclosed filter also filled her up with tesco 99 :approve:

James when you getting your pics up dude?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
well i would say it was nice to meet everyone but i turned up at 12:30 and everyone had gone lol. Anyway car went straight on the rollers for some runs:D Not too Happy really, my age old problem of the car running lean is back to haunt me:mad: the fella done the 3 runs then said its not very well:( its running badly lean from 5500rpm untill 7.3k and as a result power is hitting a brick wall at 6k. It made 160.1 bhp @ 6.1k 138lb/ft torque. He said it was well on its way to making 175-180bhp as it was pulling very stong then just stopped at 6k. ive had this problem a few times before and have always blammed the map on the car, i now think something must be fucked lol, anyway only got 2 pics as i was pissed about what i saw on the screen:mad: oh and nice to meet dunc and debz ( wish i left as happy as dunc :) )

surryrrday001.jpg

surryrrday002.jpg

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
well i would say it was nice to meet everyone but i turned up at 12:30 and everyone had gone lol. Anyway car went straight on the rollers for some runs:D Not too Happy really, my age old problem of the car running lean is back to haunt me:mad: the fella done the 3 runs then said its not very well:( its running badly lean from 5500rpm untill 7.3k and as a result power is hitting a brick wall at 6k. It made 160.1 bhp @ 6.1k 138lb/ft torque. He said it was well on its way to making 175-180bhp as it was pulling very stong then just stopped at 6k. ive had this problem a few times before and have always blammed the map on the car, i now think something must be f**ked lol, anyway only got 2 pics as i was pissed about what i saw on the screen:mad: oh and nice to meet dunc and debz ( wish i left as happy as dunc :) )

surryrrday001.jpg

surryrrday002.jpg

Love those pics Jay. Second one is excellent! Your beastie looks mean on the RR, looks pretty mean off of them too. Was good to meet you and Midge. I enjoyed our natter. The guy who did the test was really nice too. I have decided I will take my car and get it done now, as long as I can get him to do it. I trust him not to kill my car. lol

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
thats a very odd AFR reading.....

fuel pipe restriction
injectors
blocked tank vent
(has it been mapped?)
map sensor broken

Audi TT 225 Quattro
thats a very odd AFR reading.....

fuel pipe restriction
injectors
blocked tank vent
(has it been mapped?)
map sensor broken

yeah its very strange mate, ive had this problem for a while now ( must be nearly 2 years now lol ) Mods are, piper270, supersprint, mongoose,decat and hillpower stage 2 chip which is mapped to the car. it was last remapped a month ago at hillpower to sort the running lean problem which it did at the time but seems to have gone back to how it was before running lean topend. imo one of the above things you mentioned msut be fucked and the map keeps reverting back to how it was..... the fella at surry rr suggested i try get a fuel pressure gauge to see if its that causing it to run lean???

178hp 172 Cup
KG52 ( white wheeled cup ) is mine :)

its been lowered on H&R's around 30mm front and 50mm rears!! the car has been set up by Mark Fish though

Weeman sucks ****
I was gonna say, not mine bud :D

I do have H&R's aswell though, poor things are in need of a service though. God knows how much that'll be...and the thought of having to go back to standard is painful :(

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
well i would say it was nice to meet everyone but i turned up at 12:30 and everyone had gone lol. Anyway car went straight on the rollers for some runs:D Not too Happy really, my age old problem of the car running lean is back to haunt me:mad: the fella done the 3 runs then said its not very well:( its running badly lean from 5500rpm untill 7.3k and as a result power is hitting a brick wall at 6k. It made 160.1 bhp @ 6.1k 138lb/ft torque. He said it was well on its way to making 175-180bhp as it was pulling very stong then just stopped at 6k. ive had this problem a few times before and have always blammed the map on the car, i now think something must be f**ked lol, anyway only got 2 pics as i was pissed about what i saw on the screen:mad: oh and nice to meet dunc and debz ( wish i left as happy as dunc :) )

surryrrday001.jpg

surryrrday002.jpg

Jay there was a few of us in the car park on the right as you go into the estate, you went stright pass us without waving lol.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
lol, i did see u all but thought everyone else was gonna be at the rollers so was gonna say hello there but everyone had gone so i just done my run. your elise did look very mean from what i saw of it:)

Golf
anyone run a standard 172 or run theres when it was standard, curious to see my standard figures compared to others

Cayman S Edition 1
Would have loved to have made it as we only live in Bisley, but my 197 ws booked in to K-tec yesterday morning for a remap, panel filter and Eibach springs.
Car is so much better now though. Drives and handles like it should have done to start with!

1.8 Civic EX
was a good day thanks saner...mine was 160.6 prospeed stealth and itg pannel filter...they were pissing about for ages with the sensor on mine and it ran from cold which i wasn't too happy with. still a pretty reasonable figure...

defo up for another....would be good to compare

looks like you started taking pics after my run but i got a vid of mine i'll post up at somepoint..oh and schweppy...sort out those swirls!!! lol

heres the vid...notice the guy at the back faffing about with the sensor up the exhaust...

th_DSCF0004.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
yup thats mine...he used it to compare a fair few against...happy with the graph..very smooth and nothing out of the ordinaray. i just think something wasn't right with the rollers when they done mine and maybe it should have been a little higher than 160....but then saying that, cookies was 162 i think and he's got an closed ik with cold air feed poping out the front grill so maybe 160 is about right..

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Charlie will normally keep running the car untill he is satisfied that thats the best result he can get on that day. Mine was run 6 times just because it was cold to start with.

172 PS = 169.6 BHP
182 PS = 179.5 BHP

Results of other cars on the same rollers in the past:

Ph2 172: 140.2 (Standard)
Ph2 172: 161.8 (Standard)
Ph2 172: 177.9 (Work by BBPT)
Ph2 172 Cup: 169.1 (Decat, Exhaust, Viper)
Ph2 172 Cup: 177.9 then 177.8 a year later (Remap, Decat, Exhaust, Panel Filter)
Ph2 182: 175 (Remap, Panel Filter)
Ph2 182: 170.8 (Standard)
Ph2 182: 177.2 (Panel Filter)
Ph2 182: 171.5 (Standard)

Couldn't finad any Ph1 to compare but they have always seemed to be pretty accurate and consistant! Charlie has worked that RR for decades and has never seen a standard RS Clio make book power, most hardly ever come close being at least 10bhp down.

clio 182
mine made 172.9:) with decat,open air filter,inlets but was told it was running rich so with a remap it would make more! off 2 bens on wed to get cams;) hope to make 185+ when this is done

172 Race Car
Ah, it was me who spoke to you/opened the bonnet to be nosey about the air filter setup you have. Good figures from the mods

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
yup thats mine...he used it to compare a fair few against...happy with the graph..very smooth and nothing out of the ordinaray. i just think something wasn't right with the rollers when they done mine and maybe it should have been a little higher than 160....but then saying that, cookies was 162 i think and he's got an closed ik with cold air feed poping out the front grill so maybe 160 is about right..

Closed IK with CAF and an exhaust

Mine made mahoosive improvements in the mid range, you're all far too caught up in this peak power b****cks :p

clio 182
to be honest taking back seats out and stipping the back of the car was the best mod and it cost nothing!!

1.8 Civic EX

Closed IK with CAF and an exhaust

Mine made mahoosive improvements in the mid range, you're all far too caught up in this peak power b****cks :p

because we love it lol

i must say terry, your gains in the mid range from those mods was fantastic. wish i had mine done before the exhaust now so i could see if it made simular increase...

rrgraph1.jpg

Last edited: