ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surrey Rolling road results

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i thought id start a new thread so we can all post our results from yesterday , there should be a few of us as i saw at least 20 clios running:D it would be good if you could post up a picture or scan of your graph along with a list of mods done so other owners of the same car get an idea of what does what:)
i'll start with mine although not much use to people on here being a mk1...

mods:
2.0ltr F7R
AP-Developments Headwork
Piper 285 cams
Piper vernier pulleys
Supersprint manifold
mongoose exh system with decat
std airbox with itg filter and caf
ptfe gaskets
RS Tuning live remap

180bhp 156lb/ft ( not bad for a bottom end on 145k+ and 17 years old;))

180bhpatf001Large.jpg

03 clio 172
Here are mine.

Im running a k-tec stealth with a decat, matched inlets, remap and a pipercross panel filter.

24-01-2010161310-1.jpg

24-01-2010161255-1.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i did notice that the 172 cups seem to produce good figures on the rolling road compared to ff equivalent even tho its the same eng:S

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here's mine from yesterday, 100% standard, aiming for 100PS (98bhp or so), and made almost 104.

100_6403.jpg

This is from a run I had done there on my 172 Cup last year, showing a before & after curve.

For the lower curve (177bhp peak) the mods were;
R-sport Group N ECU
ITG panel filter
K-tec Stealth exhaust
Yozzasport decat

Then I added a V6 airbox + ITG filter instead of the standard airbox, and took the power-steering off, giving the higher curve and a peak of 185.5 bhp.

100_4400.jpg

6/468 17poo
i did notice that the 172 cups seem to produce good figures on the rolling road compared to ff equivalent even tho its the same eng:S

Thats a bit worrying!

I like these threads as it sometimes shows that standard engines pull better, were there any standard cars on the rollers?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Those posted above look like realistic figures at least, nice work on the hybrid, always loved your car mate :)

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
Here's Mine,

182 with 32000 on the clock.

Current Modifications,

JMS Stage 1 - Re-map, Panel Filter, Acoustic Valve Removed.
JMS Stage 2 - Matched Inlets.
Janspeed Exhaust 2.25
K-Tech Decat

4301180385_177e552dea.jpg

4301927910_27b5529e4b.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
What bhp/tonne you got now then Jay?

180bhp/900kg = 203.21bhp per ton

thing is this only tells a small part of the story as i was at 177bhp before and same weight giving 199.82bhp per ton but since the headwork and new cams have been fitted ive gained alot of torque/bhp throughout the rev range, it just makes its peak 1k rpm earlier and carries through till the end. i could get the cam timing adjusted to make some impressive pub talk figures up top but would suffer down below and start to become peaky, not what i want :)

Black Clio GT
nice results jay, my old valver had pretty much the same mods/top end bhp but at 7250rpm and knowhere near the same torque just shows how different the 2.0 is to the 1.8.
have you tried a valver manifold rather than the 4 branch?? ment to help torque instead of a few bhp at over 6k.......

Good day out, thanks to Saner for organising it

Heres mine. Ph1 172 on 72,000 standard except,

Ashely cat back exhaust (came with it, don't judge heh)
Pipercross panel filter element
95 Octane (forgot to put super in it last time I filled up)

160bhp@6500
141lf/ft@5500

Thought that was ok considering the relative standardness of it, certainly drives well.

CIMG4645.JPG

ITB'd MK1
nice results jay, my old valver had pretty much the same mods/top end bhp but at 7250rpm and knowhere near the same torque just shows how different the 2.0 is to the 1.8.
have you tried a valver manifold rather than the 4 branch?? ment to help torque instead of a few bhp at over 6k.......

Mine used to have a valver manifold, fitted a williams one not long ago and the torque and peak power has gone to s**t :(. last time i listen to williams bummers.

Admittedly it's not seen a dyno for re-mapping since changing the entire exhaust system. I REALLY need to finish making the 172 manifold fit that i started over a year ago.

Spider engine (F7R)
Catcam 213s and vernier pulleys
Omex 600
Williams exhaust manifold, de-cat and Janspeed mild steel cat-back

169.3bhp
137 lb/ft

Black Clio GT
i think its abit of a myth tbh, never tried it myself, alot of variables that can effect the rr result even on the same rollers. all i know is that my 1.8 went from standard exhaust to a manifold back with decat and it lost torque a few ft lbs but gained about a lot of bhp at the top end (before i had the cams and chip fitted)........
i wasnt bothered as i wanted to keep it revvy where as the williams lot seem to want to keep the torque up as much as possible to make up for the less revs??!!

172, Tiguan

I've seen this happen year in year out. Mark and I have both noticed this in the past as well.

But i'm not saying anything!!

Our 182:
JMS & Fastchip Calibration
JMS Induction Setup (race filter)
JMS & APD Matched inlet manifold
Straight through silenced de-cat

Rolling%20Road%20Scans.JPG

Last edited:
A freakishly fast 182, I don't doubt that figure for a minute, I think you should let us try some bits on it see what she can really do ;)