ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surrey Rolling Road, Results and pics

Audi TT 225 Quattro
I thought id start a new thread so those who were at the surrey rolling road day can post results , pics, vids etc ...

i didn't take my camera so got no pics but i know a few were taking them.

most surprising result of the day was from Laines 172 cup , best figure ive ever seen a std 172 produce:eek:

any way i'll start with my result :

scan0012Large.jpg

Very happy with that:D

spec for those interested :

2.0ltr Williams F7R ( bottom end on 170,000 ish:p)
APD stage 2 Headwork
Piper 285 cams
Supersprint manifold
Mongoose exh system
Group A scuttle induction
R21t injectors
Rs Tuning Remap
few other bits and bobs

Clio Williams & 182
Hi. I also went to SRR on Saturday. What a beautiful hot day! Total contrast to last years 3 degrees Ice Age event.

I decided to put my poor little battered Williams on the dyno again:

SRR011011L468TAC-1.jpg

It was 222.5 at the Emerald dyno last time, but 214+ is a damn good figure anyway for a 930kg-odd daily commuter car.

It sounded good too!

Fun was had by all in general and it was great to see some of the cars there, whether they got good results or not!

HBT 172 Cup
A 172 with some light mods ran 171bhp, and a 182 trophy ran 175bhp for comparison.

I wont argue that it seems an optimistic result, but i ran the car the same as everyone else did.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Sadly ours didn't mate it on the dyno as our fuel pressure regulator didn't get delivered in time so we could only run 6psi safely. Should be here tomorrow morning so will defantly be at the next one. :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
a 182 trophy (with 178 thousand miles on it) ran 175bhp

:approve: didnt realise you were there Laine, would have said hello to a fellow Cornish bumpkin ...

Trophy did me proud, got 171bhp when the previous owner put in on in Jan 2010 (on 170k), then in the heat of the day, with 178k miles, the addition of a V6 airbox, JMS map and a good service, she put out 175bhp (145.1 @ wheels) & 151lb torque. Happy with that.

IMG_0961.jpg

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I need to ask a favour from anyone who attended this meet, it's being featured in PFC magazine so if you want to be in it I just need your name, specs of the car & your comments on the results, will also need a picture of the car in question, preferably with it on the rollers.

If you could PM or email them to me paddysgotatemper@hotmail.com it'd be much appreciated. I'd also like to say thanks to everyone that came & made the day a success :D

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
:approve: didnt realise you were there Laine, would have said hello to a fellow Cornish bumpkin ...

Trophy did me proud, got 171bhp when the previous owner put in on in Jan 2010 (on 170k), then in the heat of the day, with 178k miles, the addition of a V6 airbox, JMS map and a good service, she put out 175bhp (145.1 @ wheels) & 151lb torque. Happy with that.

IMG_0961.jpg

Just noticed that yours did 145 at wheels which is 175 at flywheel ?? on the rolling road day west mids mine did 142 at wheels they said this is 156 at the flywheel ???? So if mine was done there mine would of been 172 ? 30bhp transmission loss so how much should transmission loss be 30bhp or 14 - 15 bhp ?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Just noticed that yours did 145 at wheels which is 175 at flywheel ?? on the rolling road day west mids mine did 142 at wheels they said this is 156 at the flywheel ???? So if mine was done there mine would of been 172 ? 30bhp transmission loss so how much should transmission loss be 30bhp or 14 - 15 bhp ?

All depends on the RR mate MAHA/ single/ dual roller etc

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

30 is a pretty fair loss figure, a single roller will see this down to mid 20's, and a sadev box can see even better than this. Won't be anything like as like as little as 10bhp.

Peak loss doesn't even occur at peak power necessarily, the power can be dropping off towards the limiter but the losses still increase. It's not a simple thing really

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
30 is a pretty fair loss figure, a single roller will see this down to mid 20's, and a sadev box can see even better than this. Won't be anything like as like as little as 10bhp.

Peak loss doesn't even occur at peak power necessarily, the power can be dropping off towards the limiter but the losses still increase. It's not a simple thing really

Our RR day power was single roller measured at wheels mine was 143 at wheels est 156 at fly so you reckon that flywheel figure should be at least 160+ then ?. I know rollers all vary just the difference between these to RR day results flywheel and wheel figures seems a lot . 30 bhp at surrey RR 13-14 at viezu roughly on I just work on wheels figure anyway just seems odd? ?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
my personal guestimate for 142atw on a single roller would be about 165atf

you will actually see slightly higher atw figures on a single roller than the same car on a twin roller too

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Cheers always work on wheel figures anyway just wondered how it was estimated atw .

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Randomly epic selection of mk1s there

Nothing random about it, there was supposed to be plenty of mk1's there ;)

We got rather a nice selection of engines in those mk1's as well, F4R :dead:, williams on std inlet & 1 with ITB's, spider with ITB's, F7P Turbo, F7P with ITB's :cool: