ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Surrey rolling road

172 cup
Thought I would start a thread for anyone that went to surrey rolling road today and wanted to show their results.

Firstly here is mine, Totally standard 172 cup:

A5262547-8EE0-4E37-BDB2-C0763AF75B4B-973-0000010B76975483.jpg

Pretty happy with the result

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
How come the 172 cup and ph1 have such high readings? These are at the wheels results yes? When I went to rolling road day my 182 produced 149 at the wheels and others there produced less and some more. Just curious?
Cheers

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How come the 172 cup and ph1 have such high readings? These are at the wheels results yes? When I went to rolling road day my 182 produced 149 at the wheels and others there produced less and some more. Just curious?
Cheers

These are flywheel guesses based on the rollers assuming 15% transmission losses.

So your 149/0.85 = 175
but comparing from different rollers is never accurate of course.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Oooo I see. That's understandable then. Cheers chip for clearing that up ;)

438'd 182
Is this rolling road known to be an accurate one? As they are independent I would have thought it would be spot on.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is this rolling road known to be an accurate one? As they are independent I would have thought it would be spot on.

Its very well respected mate yes. Although the previously mentioned fixed loss percentage for transmission is obviously never going to be totally accurate.
ALL rolling roads are flawed when it comes to guessing flywheel figures, but Surrey is as good as any out there IMHO, and at least by being totally independent of tuners you know they have no reason to exaggerate figures for certain cars etc like a tuner with a vested interest might get accused of.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Same as Frost Motor Services, we've seen very accurate results which usually under read ~10bhp from K-Tecs when people had had work done there previously.

HBT 172 Cup
I got 250bhp / 212ft lb, more than happy with that :) Ill upload graph when im back in Cornwall later.

Thing that shocked me most was the state of the fuelling on some peoples professionally mapped cars. The lines seem to resemble a rocky mountain range, poor!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I got 250bhp / 212ft lb, more than happy with that :) Ill upload graph when im back in Cornwall later.

Thing that shocked me most was the state of the fuelling on some peoples professionally mapped cars. The lines seem to resemble a rocky mountain range, poor!

Will be interesting to see how your graph compares to mine back when I first mapped it, as there is obviously quite a torque difference there.

Here is my one when it was running similar power to yours:
mwm-low-boost.jpg

Yours must be hitting peak torque at 6K+ I guess?