ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension or bushes? Advice please

Clio 182 FF
I've just bought a 182 cup with v-maxx coilovers, fronts seem ok but rear passenger side is squeaky and banging when you go over even small bumps. They where fitted 4 years and 30k miles ago, can't see from the paper work if the bushes where done too. Does this sound more like a bushes issue rather than suspension?

More like the damper. My rear top mounts look old as and I accidentally left one in the road for a couple days in the rain and they are still fine

Does sound damper/spring related, my advice pull them off and change to new OE dampers and Eibach springs and the difference will be night and day compared to those budget coilovers.

Clio 182 FF
Thanks Zach, getting different opinions off different people, might end up doing both. Probably going back to standard suspension, hope this might help a bit.

Clio 182 FF
JB21, I was thinking of the OE dampers, there's a used set on ebay with springs for £125 that I might get for the time being see if that helps, save spending £350 on new suspension and eibach spring. What you think?

JB21, I was thinking of the OE dampers, there's a used set on ebay with springs for £125 that I might get for the time being see if that helps, save spending £350 on new suspension and eibach spring. What you think?
All depends how old and how many miles they've covered mate, which is pretty much impossible to find out. Me personally would go this route if on a budget and did for around a year and had no complaints what so ever, contrary to what people claim about the springs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...502385&hash=item41987d3de8:g:9JgAAOSw9N1ViouD

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-...771624?hash=item3f66640928:g:LS4AAMXQR4FRlOiq

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...ccd0fdffdab614c7958b92ea479949f757048b&000559

Total £238.10.

Or these if you want a bit more comfort as Dan posted recently...

upload_2018-3-19_12-12-25.png

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Are you sure the banging isn’t the rear part of the exhaust hitting the rear subframe. What condition are your exhaust hangers.

Clio 182 FF
Are you sure the banging isn’t the rear part of the exhaust hitting the rear subframe. What condition are your exhaust hangers.
Hangers are looking very perished but I've been under the car and given the exhaust a good shake and it doesn't look like it can hit the sub frame just from moving up and down. Also it doesn't sound like metal on metal, sometimes I do get a metal on metal sound when pulling away at low revs (which I think is the exhaust hitting the subframe) but this sounds different. For ages thought it was bodywork or the parcel shelf, tried lots of things but pretty sure it's something to do with the suspension side of things now.

I think for price and quality it would be best just to get new oem cup dampers as they come with new top mounts as well, as said they will be a lot better as well

Bring it around to mine over the weekend mate and I'll have a look for you, there's not much it can be on the rear. Ive also got 2 newish exhaust hangers from my titanium 182 FF I'm breaking you could try.

Clio 182 FF
Bring it around to mine over the weekend mate and I'll have a look for you, there's not much it can be on the rear. Ive also got 2 newish exhaust hangers from my titanium 182 FF I'm breaking you could try.
Brilliant thanks! I'm working until 2ish could get to St Helens before 3, is that any good for you?

dan's cast offs.
think i've got a pair of cup front dampers still in the box gathering dust if you want new?

Clio 182 FF
think i've got a pair of cup front dampers still in the box gathering dust if you want new?
Thanks, let me know how much you want and where you are and I'll get back in touch after the MoT. If there's no major work to be done then I'll get the suspension sorted. Cheers, Steve.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I think for price and quality it would be best just to get new oem cup dampers as they come with new top mounts as well, as said they will be a lot better as well

Do they, ref the top mounts?

Think I had a price of 138 ish delivered, didn’t ask wether mounts were included.