ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension recomendations-returning member 172 cup

clio 172 full fat phase 2
Hi all

Not technically a new member but have just returned to clio ownership after moving away to BMW for a while. Got myself a 172 cup with 79,000 miles.

Horrible noise when accelerating which i believe to be knackered engine mounts, have some powerflex bushes for the dog-bone which I will be fitting tomorrow.

I have a offside front leaky shock and driving home tonight exiting a roundabout (motorway) fast into a dual carriageway the car just washed out- surprised me as my old FF clio handled much better so im fairly sure all the shocks are shagged.

What does everyone recommend as a replacement. Gonna a be do a few track days over the summer so an upgrade would be good, plus id like the car to have a better stance tan it currently does. I think coil-overs with damping adjustment are slightly out of my price range currently, apart from gaz GHA which I here are a pile of turd??-so wont be going there.

What does everyone recommend. Are there any decent non damping adjustable coil-overs around the £5-600 budget or am i better off getting a set of aftermarket shocks and lowering springs.

Gonna also go for some camber bolts and plates and a white line rear ARB

Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Good to be back

Tom

225 Cup & Williams
If I was you I would buy brand new dampers from Renault for it for all they cost & add to that Eibach sportline springs you have a really good setup for the money. I run this setup on my ph1 172 and highly recommend it.

clio 172 full fat phase 2
What is the lowering affect of the springs, Rear of the car is being stripped as im too tall for anyone to fit behind me anyway, obviously this rear weight reduction will raise the back slightly and i dont want it looking all jacked up. Maybe i should bite the bullet and get some coilovers. Looked at kony shocks but they are roughly £500 anyway without springs so not much price advantage of coilovers.

What are the sport lines like on track?

Thanks for the advice