ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension refresh

Golf
Got an RS200 with cup pack which needs full suspension refresh. I use the car as a (low mileage) daily, do most hard driving on bumpy B roads and will do a couple of track days a year max. Find the current set up a bit too harsh at times (though might be because everything's worn and I know yr the bump stops are knackered)

So was thinking of going for the non-Cup dampers with Eibach pro street springs, to improve ride and look but still allow for occasional track day

Has anyone done similar or experienced Cup Vs non-Cup chassis? Or will brand new Cup parts give a much better ride?

Thanks.

Ross
ab52c02fd2659afcada0eab47c774f33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I would have thought eibach and any aftermarket springs would be stiffer than OEM springs - because a harder ride is always seen as better, for some reason. (I may be wrong, of course.)

If you're doing a total refresh, don't forget top mounts and all the bushes - not a bargain but easier and cheaper to do when it's all apart, and a complete overhaul can make a marked difference.

R27
Please give an update on what you do with some pics. I haven’t found anyone with the eibach springs and want to see what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
All the spring kits lower about the same so you wont be surprised by the height the Eibach kits will lower.
I think set the car up for road use. You will like the non-cup dampers with the Eibach Springs. Eibach like to use very soft initial spring rates to absorb the worst of the bumps on normal roads. This means they have a little more roll in corners compared to springs like Grams but thats not always a bad thing

Golf
All the spring kits lower about the same so you wont be surprised by the height the Eibach kits will lower.
I think set the car up for road use. You will like the non-cup dampers with the Eibach Springs. Eibach like to use very soft initial spring rates to absorb the worst of the bumps on normal roads. This means they have a little more roll in corners compared to springs like Grams but thats not always a bad thing
Thanks mate that's really useful! I'll have a look at options on your website. Cheers

Golf
Quick update, still can't make my mind up [emoji51] but turns out the car was on H&R springs so
1) it's already sitting lower than it would on Eibachs
2) that explains why ride so hard as I know these springs are firm. So at least whatever I go for will be an improvement [emoji41]

Golf
Big thanks for all the input [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]
With coilovers out of budget, I've gone for Eibachs and cup dampers as this setup seems to get loads of good reports. Looking forward to driving it! [emoji3]

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Quick update, still can't make my mind up [emoji51] but turns out the car was on H&R springs so
1) it's already sitting lower than it would on Eibachs
2) that explains why ride so hard as I know these springs are firm. So at least whatever I go for will be an improvement [emoji41]

Grams springs are similar inride height but we've used a thinner wire with more coils - which gives a smoother ride.