ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension tech question!

yeah, i know skip browns, they are about 10mins form my house!!!!

They seem like a really genuine bunch of guys and are certainly well reguarded! They subscribe to the 'level with the floor' theory like Fred. I've made mine much more level now and the car is way better. I don't know if it's purely down to the increase in front ride height allowing the car to cope with the rough stuff or the 'level/balance' of the of the car that's done it. Either way I'm a lot happier. I think the car was just too low before. I guess that even though the spring length/stroke doesn't alter, there's now more damper stroke for the given spring stroke. This is maybe controlling things more too.

Here she is now:

rideheight.jpg

I think she could still come up on the front a bit but I'm a little wary about loosing some steering feel. I think I'll come up another 10-20mm and see what it's like;)

perfect ride height, same as mine

be aware that raising the front opens the track, so new alignment is due

this is how i got the H&R's lower at the back. both adjuster nuts underneath the spring platform.

3.jpg

p.s. Mark, that looks really good. I want mine even lower at the back.

chris
looks like you have 10mm of room left for lowering
just take the nuts out completely and let the spring sit on spring suport and ruber
don't forget to shorten oe bumpstops

cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
big noooooo H&R spring must NOT sit on the o.e spring support and rubber. (on the rear beam) The bottom of the spring must sit on its platform, as the spring differs at the bottom than o.e. Dangerous, i've seen some gaz set up like this........ major chance of it popping out on the rough stuff.

A4 oil burner !!!
Had my cup set up by the guys that that fitted it and then i wanted it lower at the back so wound it all the way down !
Looked good but too bumpy and didnt feel 100 % right. So i raised the front by about 15m then raised the back to just below standard height so it sits slightly lower at the front.
Only been out for a brief blast round my local B roads and what a difference !
Able to carry much more speed into corners and power out without it understeering too much !
i have been told that if your getting too much understeer to raise the back end ?
Is this right ? (seems to work for me !)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
15m, christ!!!??? 15mm ;)
gonna have a play with mine this week, few sunny days off.

A4 oil burner !!!
yes sorry 15mm.
Handles the lumpy stuff so much better now but would def lower it again for the track with it slightly higher at the back :)