ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUSPENSION TOP MOUNTS

just a quick one folk's just had the car mot'd is the a guide as to change the top suspension mounts just need to get them sorted .

cheer's tim

There easy to chnage just strip the shock out and chnage them.

Least there only cheap for new one (£35 renault prices £10 copy cat parts)

If you realy need some help drop me a message

eddeuk at yahoo.co.uk

Audi A4
Does the prices include the rubber and the bearing for the mount. Also where would you get copy cay parts.

Renault code would be useful

Does the prices include the rubber and the bearing for the mount. Also where would you get copy cay parts.
Fred put the part code up i belive some time back

Not sure what it includes i think its the bearing and metal top hat bit and the bearing though.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Fred put the part code up i belive some time back

Not sure what it includes i think its the bearing and metal top hat bit and the bearing though.
I bought these from Renault recently....cost me £57+vat each side.

Includes 17mm nut, bearing, top inner mount piece and top piece.

Monaco 172
DSC00039.gif

DSC00038.gif

i got copy parts from a motor factors...49,93 in total! far better than the 128 quoted at renault

Audi A4
DSC00039.gif

DSC00038.gif

i got copy parts from a motor factors...49,93 in total! far better than the 128 quoted at renault

What motor factors did you get them from, also I tried GSF and they said they didn't have them, with gsf I just quoted the renault code to them.

53 Clio's & counting
euro car parts can get them mate,im doing my suspension soon,so il be looking at these,and new bearings,anything else iv missed?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Renault only part i found out and that's why they come as complete kit. ( for 172,182,cup) All parts need to be replaced at the same time. To be sure of correct suspension set-up, And also if you only replace a single component with the other worn parts the new part will wear out even quicker. Also Euro car parts don't do them.

I have all the part numbers for them if any one needs them.

Monaco 172
there are other companies that do the kits too, i think its called fibi or something.saw them in the catalogue.

Cup'd Monaco 172
I got some from ECP and they are wrong. Too small.

No definitive answer yet of where to get them and what part no. other than renault

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My rear dampers that i got today came with the top mounts and everything, do the fronts?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
did you find it fixed any noises etc that it made
ill go take a pic of my old ones its shagged
Fitted all new parts as had new Koni Adjustable Kit. Sold coilovers and left them assembled so had variouss bits missing.
I was gonna put the washer fix in but decided against and did the renault Fix myself (grind some material away from the hole in the strut top).
Don't get any knocking....just a bit of squeaking from suspension.

Monaco 172
i just got the rubber bit and the flat bearing ordered. must have just used the old nut and washer there. the part numbers (should be the same). that brand fibi or something

rubber mounting - FEB10823
bearing - FEB10089

i got them 49.23 both sides

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£49.23 each side? or for both? Is that Renault part numbers?

Monaco 172
no its that brand, fibi do all suspenion stuff. motor place had a catalogue of their stuff.

thats for both sides.

Monaco 172
yep well my mate fitted them, said it was easy to do and that the parts were the same as what he took out.

Audi A4
pete clio who stocks the parts out of the main motor factors etc... or do you have a phone number to ring or a website to go to

thanks

Not a poxy Renault
been to GSF today, I got some bearings for my 182, but they don't sell the top mounts!