ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension Top Mounts

Evo 8 MR
Fitted new suspension the other day and one side on the front is creaking fairly badly and I've tightened the top mounts as far as they will go but there is still movement which I think is what is causing the creaking.

Would new mounts solve this and anyone know where I can get hold of some?

could check that the spring is seated properly first. don't think top mounts are that expensive from Renault, but ECP/GSF sell them as well - they're about £25 for the donut and £15 for the bearing

Evo 8 MR
Thanks Henry, I thought about it and decided to check the seating of the spring on the offside as that was the only side that was making the noise so it couldn't have been the mounts I thought.

So I took the wheel off and jacked her up and hey presto the spring had come out and was partly pressed against the chassis which obviously was causing the noise.

Anyway 1 hour (or so) later and it's all sorted.

Very happy aswell.