ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension

Renault clio rl prima 1.2
how do i lower the back of my 96 clio, and how to get each side lowered the same? what dampers do you recommed ?

It's a torsion bar (there's a guide for ClioSport members in the Articles section).
Getting it the same is semi-guess and just testing I guess - I think I remember the guide using a ruler etc.. so that helps loads.

As for dampers, well.. I had Williams rear shocks on my 1.2.. which made some sort of difference. I had standard shocks on the front.. so didn't look into any aftermarket shocks for the car. (Well, I did.. but they were coilovers from Gaz.. )

im not a clio sport member yet, how do i join? was thinkin of putin williams dampers on all round. as for the torsion bars at the back ive heard stories of lowering it goin wrong and needin to be completely replaced ?
ive got plenty of time to do the work cos the timing belt snapped while cruzin on friday night! so im still lookin for a engine or even a head
(is the renault 19 1.4 engine the same as the ones fitted in clios )

Williams shocks won't fit onto the front... only the rear ones.

As for it going wrong - I dunno? It's only two bars being pulled out then pushed back in again.

cheers for the guide its what i was lookin for, ill post some before & after pics when i get round to it .