ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swapping cup for 255

Been to view a Clio v6 255 today and have decided to sell the cup and get one of these beasts - even been accepted by the credit company!

Now what i need to know is whether £26000 OTR is a good deal because there is short supply of them for sale as a comparison, so has anybody seen them cheaper and any advice on how to get the price down even more!

Buy the way my car is going up for sale soon so check it out if youre interested.

Mk2 Golf GTI

Hope youre going for the flame red! I saw it again on Top Gear last night and its gorgeous in the red with the chunky silver vents

I can honestly say its probably one of the sexiest cars i have ever seen in the metal, absolutely amazing - itll stand out like a sore thumb, just hope know one tries nicking it! I even had to measure the width of the car to make sure itll fit in my garage, no way its staying out on the drive at night.

john, judging by your post code, you live near me.

do you ever go near newbury in your V6?

think ive seen you about a fair bit

Before you buy it consider this, you will find selling your Cup privately - a nightmare (in my experience no-one wants to spend that amount of money privately - especially on this type of car, where there is no come back, especially when spending the sort of money a Cup still commands), and if you go the dealer route and part ex it they will offer you so far below what you want that youll end up telling them where to shove their nice shiny Vee!!!

Give it back to the dealer price for my Cup 03 plate, 20K, £8000!!!

I advertised it privately for 2 months at £8950 - no joy.

Cheers for that john, the one advertised at the top of that link is the one im buying - they have two of them in stock and theyre both blue.

Yesterday was the first time id seen one and couldnt believe how wide the sills are! The only problem ive found with the car is the driving position is as bad as my cup - i find the seats dont go down low enough and the steering could do with some rake adjustment, i find that i have to sit closer to the steering wheel than id like because its too far away - anyone else had problems with this or are my legs just too long for my arms?!

Make sure that the puncture repair outfit is in correct position.

This can stop both the seat going back far enough and also the seat height not going as low as it should.

John V6

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by clio sport on 30 December 2003

- i find the seats dont go down low enough and the steering could do with some rake adjustment, i find that i have to sit closer to the steering wheel than id like because its too far away - anyone else had problems with this or are my legs just too long for my arms?!
Exact same problem with me...but then I knew that before I bought it so Ive just learned to live with it. Never ached or anything...its just a pain in the a****! Glad to see theres no "special" treatment for V6 owners ;)

Special K - I havent sold it, will wait until the New Year and see how things go - didnt want to give Renault such a bargain.... they dont deserve it!!!!!!!!

Yeah right they offered me £8,600 for mine on an 03 with 6500 miles, its got two chips in the windscreen but other than that its in mint condition.

Anyone else reckon the thinner windscreen could have something to do with how easy it chips on the cup?

dfdf

That sounds pretty bad to me. Ive got a 3 year old Polo GTi with 12,000 miles on the clock and Ive been offered £8000 (Cost £12,000 new) trade in against a new clio 182. Id have though theyd have offered you a better deal when you were buying a new car for £26k, especially seeing as its an renault dealer!

Remapped derv Golf

Its only thinner than the standard 172. Not thinner than any of the other lower models.

Renault offered me £4200 for my VTR on a part ex for the CUP. For a £15 ad in Autotrader I sold it in under four days for £5500 so dont take the part ex its a waste of money. Its not hard to sell a car private (this time of year may be a bit tricky)

Where abouts are you mate? Know someone who is looking for a CUP.

Im situated in the south-east, guildford/aldershot area adam.

Youd think they would have offerd me a better price than that, but theyre tight bastads - even tried to sell the car to me for £27,000 until i told them it was advertised at 26k!

You can have my 2002 red v6 with 15000 miles for £16500 with private plate. The new ones are better but not £10k better. dan

renault are bad with part ex they offered me between £750 and £1200 for my 93 Valver i sold it privite for £2800.

Sorry to go off topic:oops:

Hey dan youre not from farnborough are you mate, just that i think i may have seen an advert in the Thames Valley Auto Trader?

Yeah thats me, I live in Guildford but work in Farnborough, Im here now so if you want to come down to British Aerospace with a big bag of money you can take it away? It was the wrong time of year to have it in the trader but Im sure it will go if I advertise it again in the new year.

Huh thats weird i live in farnborough and work in guildford. You dont know a bloke called dale goldsmith do you he works there, he drives a tvr chimaera?I wouldnt bother wasting your time coming to see, as i have my heart set on the new one though it looks really nice by the photo, so good luck with getting it off your hands - what you going for next by the way?

May be sensible and put the money towards a flat, but tempted by a tuscan! I think I may have seen the bloke with the tvr, not sure but when I was selling my nitroused 911 he phoned me as he was interested but went for the tvr instead.

Quote: Originally posted by zeemax on 03 January 2004

May be sensible and put the money towards a flat, but tempted by a tuscan! I think I may have seen the bloke with the tvr, not sure but when I was selling my nitroused 911 he phoned me as he was interested but went for the tvr instead.
Zeemax - I know someone with a Red TVR Tuscan Speed-6 who is looking to sell up (hes after an XKR). Think dealers have been offering piss-take Part Exchanges so hes garaged it for the winter.

I bet the Tuscan is one of the few cars thatll turn more heads than the V6 Clio!

Tuscans are great looking cars but still have plenty of problems, so it will take time to find a good one, most hoods leak, the doors drop etc...and its worrying to see an add for a tuscan with say 25000 miles that says "new engine fitted" but they are great looking cars and sound the bollox, Do you no how much your mate has been offered for his tuscan, my dads partner owns a tvr dealership, might be able to do a deal?