ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

swapping fog bulbs

Ford Fiesta

in the comprehensive manual it gives details on how to change bulbs apart from fog lights where it says take to a dealor. I always avoid dealors whenever possible so is it easy can it be done at home, has anyone done it?
Its not possible to knack up the beam is it as Im not taking the lamp unit out?
and know im not one to drive round with foggies on day and night. (even though I dont think think they blind people as I myself have been followed with poeple with their front fogs on)
any help appreciated.

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

I had this very same problem. I was going to swap them for Blue Vision bulbs so they match the rest of them, but to be honest I dont hardly use the fog lights, except in fog

The bulbs are H11 type, and i was told that as the H11 are a new type of bulb, the ones Renault put in are brighter than standard so they dont really need changing.

But, if i wanted to, i could not find a way to change them without dismantling the front !

Dave

Ford Fiesta

i meant surely a renault dealor could do it quickly and probably for free for us. (wish this site had an edit feature)

Ford Fiesta

Spoke to renault dealor. They can be changed by us. Get under car there is a clip a large circular thing in black pull that off and unscrew the screw near it a bit further back lift the plastic down then replace fog bulb as normal. will try soon.

Ford Fiesta

they are quite easy to get out if you get under car, did it today. they are however H11 like you said and they dont do any aftermarket bulbs yet, these are very new and only on a few cars.
oh well stick with the standard yellowish jobbies. :)