ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swapping seats

I'm still kind of unsure on this but here we go;

I'm in talks with swapping my standard seats with evo6 recaros from another Clio member.

We both have our seats bolted in.

I know how to remove the seats (4x long reach nuts under the car) etc

However, with his being recaros and on subframes.. What do we do? Same thing? Is he going to need my rails? Where the f does the subframe go in mine haha? And does anyone know the right size long reach tool I need for the 4x bolts under the car?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
13mm deep socket, might need a universal joint depending on your mid section exhaust, possibly an extension too.
Easiest to just unbolt seats from underneath and just swap everything with each other.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
If his Evo seats are already fitted in his car it will be a straight swap by unbolting them completely from each car.

Jon

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
8 x 13mm nuts underneath, disconnect wiring plugs under the seats, lift seats out both cars out and swap and refit.
Best to disconnect the battery for 30 mins to depressurise the airbag system on the car with original seats in.