ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Symptoms of f*cked tyre

Nimbus Clio 197
I put on a couple of Goodyear Eagles that I had bought used and was waiting until my Michelins wore down. I've had them put on and now the car seems to pull right on mild acceleration and left a bit under braking. I guess it must be that one of the tyres is deformed, as I'm sure it wasn't doing it before. Does this sound feasible or is it more likely to be something else?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I put some crap tyres (but new) on my old Audi, knocked the tracking straight out and made it wonder. Changed them to some Avon zv5s and all was good.

Nimbus Clio 197
These are good tyres, Eagle F1s, with loads of tread and evenly matched. I'm wondering whether the fact that these are in better nick with more tread/grip has made a problem that was already there show itself! Its either that or there is something wrong with the tyres. Wish I had another set of wheels to try on

Nimbus Clio 197
Not too far... That could be great, cheers :) Whereabouts? I was born there and lived in Bebington for a few years

Nimbus Clio 197
Well if you wouldn't mind, I could certainly pop over and see if your wheels alter anything, that would be great :) Saves me buying new suspension parts or more tyres unless I have to then!

Nimbus Clio 197
Yeah, done all tyre pressures, and then done them again and had the geometry rest on a Hunter alignment machine.

Listerine & Poledo
unless they've been sat for, literally, months, they shouldn't deform or fall apart.

especially Eagles.