ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

t-cut

wanting some advise on how to use it ie do you follow the direction of the scratch or go at 90 degrees or circular motion also is it best to apply pressure or use a light action and how do you know when your in danger of going to far and removing paint
thanks

When you can see the white undercoat, you've gone too far ;) LOL :rasp:

But seriously - just do it medium pressure so it feels like you're having an effect, but not so hard you do damage!

You'll probably see paint on the pad/cloth anyway, so that will worry you enough to take it easy! lol

106 GTi
Leave the t cut on the shelf is my best advice.

Straight lines or circles, it will still put in finer swirl marks correcting the bigger ones.

What defects are you trying to correct, what colour/paint type, single stage or base coat and laquer?

What ever you choose use with care.

Straight lines or circles, it will still put in finer swirl marks correcting the bigger ones.

What defects are you trying to correct, what colour/paint type, single stage or base coat and laquer?

the defects are fine scratches that seem to be just in the laquer and not through the paint
its like a car that has been washed without care or been thruogh auto car wash
not sure what paint type how would i know

106 GTi
What car is it?

Or what colour is the car- if it is metallic if will be base coat and laquer for sure.

Does you finger nail catch in them?

What car is it?

Or what colour is the car- if it is metallic if will be base coat and laquer for sure.

Does you finger nail catch in them?

its a vx220 (charall blue) ive got afeelin its not metalic but not sure (how do you know) just got rid of my 172 cup (of 4 years) so spent a lot of time on here and know about the good advise on offer
not got any nails but im sure that if i had then most of the scratches would not catch

106 GTi
I would look into trying something like Meguiars Scratch X rather then T Cut then. Though to do a whole car by hand will take some elbow grease.