ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T**t in a BMW

Was coming to work this morning and had a row with some old git in a BMW!! All he had to do was let me in. I was indicating to go in the right hand lane, and I even thanked him as I thought he was going to let me, but NO he carried on going. He then starts shouting abuse at ME as if its my fault.

So as we carry on I manage to pull next to him and tell him to put his window down. I said to him that all he had to do was be corteous and let me in and off he goes again. So I say just because youve got a f**king beamer doesnt mean you rule the road. Lights turn green so to make a point I get in front of him. I can then see him taking down my number, so f**k it I take his down. Some people have got a serious attitude problem on the road and it pisses me off!!

Rant over

7.6cc :D

lol @ you both brutally taking each others regs down hehe

Remember its not illegal to be uncourteous, its just rude. A simple middle finger salute would have done.

I read the subject. Then I thought, youll have to narrow it down, theres a lot of BMWs about and theyre ALL driven by tw@ts.

I was driving a mates BMW last week so I guess the theory is right!

Had the same problem on a slip road on the way home last night, nob in a transit put his foot down to close a gap that I was aiming for. Shame hes transit was too slow!

I may have a bit of fun on the roads every now and again, but as long as people indicate etc, then ill always let them in. Just rude imo.

Yeah i had the same thing not so long ago, was joining a d/c i use every day for work where i join it has a third lane that filters in, this is to prevent the roundabout prior to joining getting clogged up (people still get to the first point they can join the d/c and stop tho!) i go right to the end, see a gap in my mirrors, inticate and start to move, i had my window open at the top and heard this VROOOOOOM!!! and up along side me comes a caterham :mad: , he wasted that short burst of petrol just to block me off, what a c**t! fine i slow down to take the gap behind him and he slows down!!!!! :mad: :mad: , so i wind the window down as im crossing onto white stripes where the sliproad runs out....

"WTF is your problem mate?"

he replies... "queue starts back there mate"

:mad: "so? this is a slip road not a shoulder, im joining from the roundabout, im hardly going to drive down to rotherham to join the queue am i! if you want to dicuss it further pull over, if you dont let me in!"

Result...

Clio RT 1 Caterham 0.

He let me in.

Assumed Driver Verdit...

Clio RT: "wasnt fussed whether i was infront or behind i just wanted to join!" :eek:

Caterham: "Its a little french car with a spoiler, cant have that getting an advantage can i? im going to be a c**t" :p

[Edited by ricjax99 on 06 July 2004 at 2:45pm]

Nissan Jewk

I had that once... on my bike! coming home from work one day, single lane of bumper to bumper traffic. I spot this tiny gap which is jus big enough for me to get thru, as im bout to go thru it, this tw@t in a jag moves half a metre forward purposely to stop me going thru the gap. Im on a bike, he is on a car, im gonna get past him anyway! So I had to wait til the traffic cleared, then I pulled up alongside him, shook my head and called him a pr*ck (a little harsh maybe?). Next thing I know, i look in my mirror, he is miliimetres from my back wheel! Hit traffic again, now im screwing! He gets out his car and squares up to me! Now im 510, but this bloke must have been 62 at least and he werent skinny! But then again, I got a leather jacket, with body armour inside it, plus bike gloves with kevlar armour on the knuckles, plus a helmet... whos gonna come off worst?!

I werent gonna drop to his level, so I just floored it and escaped thru the traffic... some people!!!

Now thats one thing i see everyday!!!! pisses me off no end and i dont even drive a bike!! (am i normal heheh :oops: )

Theres a road thats always chocker on the way home and double solids. To the left theres about a metre of shoulder. Im constantly checking my mirror RH and if i see a bike i make a clearly obvious move to the left to give room on the correct side and hope other cars take note (they usually do), however, no end of times either a big exec or white transit moves over to the right to block the bike!!! i mean why?? seriously why??!! a guy buys a bike to get home quicker because he can, why stop the guy!!!, sometimes its happened in such a pointless way ive slapped on the horn to make them move.

They end up moving because they look stupid, not because they want to heheh! ;)

Nissan Jewk

i face this every single day mate... people who sit so far over in their lane, u cant get past. I usually go right up to the drivers window and rev the bike (i got a race can on so it aint that quiet!), but some people just look into their wing mirror and try stare me out!! At the same time, I do get a lot of courteous people who make proper efforts to make room for me and I always acknowledge that by waving or nodding my head

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by cupking on 06 July 2004

I may have a bit of fun on the roads every now and again, but as long as people indicate etc, then ill always let them in. Just rude imo.
Unless theyve just driven to the front of a queue of traffic and then tried to push in.

Quote: Originally posted by mikec172 on 06 July 2004

i face this every single day mate... people who sit so far over in their lane, u cant get past. I usually go right up to the drivers window and rev the bike (i got a race can on so it aint that quiet!), but some people just look into their wing mirror and try stare me out!! At the same time, I do get a lot of courteous people who make proper efforts to make room for me and I always acknowledge that by waving or nodding my head
I think everyone who drives a car should be made to ride a motorbike for a day, soon become a lot more aware of other things on the road then!

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 06 July 2004

I think everyone who drives a car should be made to ride a motorbike for a day, soon become a lot more aware of other things on the road then!
.....and if im still alive the next day, i agree a good lesson in road awareness.

Their called w**kers mate!

Id be tempted to whack their rear quarter with my hand as they try to block! bet theyd crap their pants if they thought theyd knocked someone off!

I mean if i see a bike i think fair play, its smaller, faster and unpassable unless your on one yourself. Trying to stop it passing is pointless as eventually will, Its like trying to stop yourself from farting while contending in a 24hr curry eating race! :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 06 July 2004

I do that to cyclists at traffic lights :devilish:
Now thats plain creul! :eek: lol

Nissan Jewk

point very well made Pete! its amazing how different you drive your car after riding a bike, you become infinitely more aware of whats going on around you. Saying that, some people cant even drive cars properly, let alone sticking them onto 2 wheels lol

Lee

BMW M2C

There are a couple of parts on my drive to and from work where there are always huge queues which I sit in. If anyone drives along side the queue and expects to cut in at the front they have another thing coming, usually the bollards. :D Its because of f**kers like that the rest of us are sat in a f*****g queue in the first place. Arrrggghhhhh.

And breath.

As for bikes I go out of my way to let them past. Most have the manners to thank you too.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 06 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by cupking on 06 July 2004

Unless theyve just driven to the front of a queue of traffic and then tried to push in.

I think thats a very crappy statement (IMO) LEE and shows a clear lack of road initiative!

If they have managed to get to the front of the queue legally, then the rest of the traffic is quite clearly not competant enough to use 2 lanes, its not pushing in, its the opposite of let me think "following sheep" ?

One day britains road users will understand the meaning of....

"2 lanes, same way, less traffic, quicker journey for everyone"

;)
Looked at your new post lee, dont agree with you at all, your a class case of monkey see monkey do!
[Edited by ricjax99 on 06 July 2004 at 3:34pm]

[Edited by ricjax99 on 06 July 2004 at 3:36pm]

Thinking about it you may have to clarify what you mean exactly before i can cast judgement on what your refering to?

[Edited by ricjax99 on 06 July 2004 at 3:37pm]

I did beep a bike today actually.

I was finally after queuing at the front of the traffic lights and it drove all the way to the front and got in front of me - fair enough. But then the lights turned green and he just sat there messing with something on his leather clad arm.

I gave him a good blasting, if youre going to podge, fair enough, but dont hold up the traffic that youve just podged by fannying around at the lights! :mad:

don't

Quite often driving i come 2 these 2 lanes, they go same direction and end up filtering in2 1 lane, now quite often ppl all que up in 1 lane, so i c no harm in going round them all in the other spare lane

thats what its there 4 so may aswel use it, + if every1 backed up in that 1 lane roads would get blocked

Things that do piss me off though is roundabouts, The fairly smallish 1s where ppl will go in the inside of the roundabout 2 avoid the ques and then cut ppl up 2 get off the roundabout b4 the last exit, that pisses me off and happens daily, half the time the ppl cuttin accross dont even look and jus jump in

Lee

BMW M2C

Let me make it a little easier to understand. You are on a dual carriageway, at a point one lane heads off left, the other straight on. You want to go straight on so do you:

A: Get in the correct lane which happens to be queueing

or

B: Get in the wrong lane and then try and join the correct lane at the last minute, causing everyone already in the correct lane to brake, causing the queue!!

In your case obviously B.

If you dont agree then thats fine by me.

[Edited by Lee M on 06 July 2004 at 3:43pm]

Fine i totally respect that lee, in that case i was rather unfair. I was refering to a different situation. I would most certainly hold the correct lane.

What i mean by "2 lanes, same way, less traffic, quicker journey for everyone" is:

When theres 2 lanes going to the same point and in say 1/2-1mile the right lane closes most road users hug the left and refuse to give any ground between them and the car in front, this leads to constant stop start breaking and the "brake light chain reaction" causes a long queue, this means anyone in that left lane:

a) Uses more fuel (due to stop start)

b) Gets more fustrated

c) Gets angry with any other driver that doesnt do the same

If a driver uses an empty rh lane they are:

a) using less fuel, (unless they are caining it lol)

b) getting less fustrated as they are not stop starting.

c) Moving quicker

Depends on the driver tho, but if its me i wait until theres a gap rather than forcing my way in.

If you get someone with a "let me in or hit me" attitude fair doos to ya mate id do the same!

[Edited by ricjax99 on 06 July 2004 at 3:49pm]

Oh and i forgot, my apologies. My number one f**k up is assumptions lol! :D

don't

if its filtering in2 1 lane then fairs fair use either lane

but if the dual carraigeway doesnt filter in2 1 lane then stay in the lane ur meant 2 b in 4 the nxt turning

should b same with roundabout, if not more important but so many ppl use the empty lane and then cut accross on the actual roundabout

Lee

BMW M2C

Looks like we are pretty much in agreement now Ive explained the cirmumstances a little better.

All it takes is for people to filter in earlier in the queue and for those in the queue to let them do so. This way we all carry on moving.

There is a set of traffic lights which I cross each evening which is 2 lanes across but goes to one. Most people get ready to let a car in front of them if they are in the right hand lane. Pity it doesnt happen elsewhere as in that case it works well. We all keep moving.

LOL, just read your last post. Thats practically what Ive described here. 2 lanes into one using both lanes is how it should be done.

[Edited by Lee M on 06 July 2004 at 3:57pm]

[Edited by Lee M on 06 July 2004 at 3:58pm]

[Edited by Lee M on 06 July 2004 at 4:00pm]

Deffo in agreement, infact i couldnt agree more to the above! :)

Group hug? :p:oops: lol

[Edited by ricjax99 on 06 July 2004 at 3:59pm]

ed: Exactly, i would have struggled to put it better myself!

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 06 July 2004

Can you all tell I hate my drive to and from work with a passion? :mad:

You dont by any drive from killamarsh to sheffield centre at 8.30am and drive back at 4-5pm do u ? hehehehe ;)

I think everyones trip to work is like having a girlfriend, they have there benefits (ie pay/nookie) but they are both a sh*tter to put up with everyday lol.

[Edited by ricjax99 on 06 July 2004 at 4:04pm]

Nissan Jewk

true, true! imagine what everday driving would be like if all ignorant drivers were removed from the roads...

Agree with the bike comments. It wouldnt do people any harm to do their CBT just so that they can begin to understand what bikes have to put up with some times! It really does help with road sense and make you so much more aware of whats going on all around you.

Thanks to all people who make the effort to move over, I always try to say thanks (not easy if youre still moving slowly and having to slip the clutch). And to those that decide to try and block the way (normally bmws and transits), youll be lucky if you can see out of your mirror when Ive gone past :mad:

And as for being in the car, I always seem to end up queuing and then getting pis*ed off when others are in the wrong lane...when its clearly not a mistake. Funniest thing I saw was when a lorry, who was in the correct lane managed to force a car who was trying to push in up onto the motorway slip road where they would have had to go to the next junction and turn around. Should have stayed in the queue like everyone else :D

don't

I hate cyclists or bikers who go down middle of lanes way 2 fast and getting way way 2 close 2 my wing mirrors, they r skippin the que as it is so dont need 2 go as fast as half of em do

i dont have to drive to annoy bm drivers lol! my mate lives next door to sum proper c**k with an M3!

first time i was on way to my mates gaff there was this M3 weaving in and out of traffic and almost took front end of my car off, and to my suprise he lived next door to my mate, so everytime i go to my mates i block his drive if he is there or not! and wen he comes and knocks the door we just ignore him lmao!

Not purposely, although the thought has crossed my mind. My hand has smacked into a few though as people drift across the road and squeeze you into a tight spot. I dont ride that often too and from work anymore though, only really for pleasure.

But then morons in cars have smacked into my cars when they think they can fit between me and a parked car and just keep on driving. Now thats annoying!

Nissan Jewk

haha! what i hate, is when im filtering, one car comes right over and you swerve to avoid them and accidentally hit the innocent cars wing mirror next to you, i feel well bad!