ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

t.v earphone output?

Clio
Got a new t.v for my room, I dont have an earphone output. Is there a way I can connect earphones to the tv? I do see at the back of the tv theres two holes {one red, one white} which say audio.
However what do I need for this to work?

Cant look at the instructions as there are non.

Suzuki Ignis
Not got a sound system connected that you could plug them into? I dont know what wires need to go where but I did it with mine.

Clio
Not got a sound system connected that you could plug them into? I dont know what wires need to go where but I did it with mine.

good idea, but no sound system yet! was just wondering what the two audio hole were for.

Suzuki Ignis
Oh the red and white are just for stereo audio.Think they are sometimes there like that instead of scart connections.

AK

M240i
You'll get caught fapping if you've got your earphones in!!

Even worse if you've got the volume loud and you move too far and pull the plug out lol..

large screams of

"arghhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, shove the Octopus up my pussy.."

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I think you can get a cable that plugs into the red and white and then converts to a 3.5mm headphone jack. Go to maplins!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The two above would do great to connect earphones. Only thing is if the TV volume would adjust that, from memory they have a set level output because an amp would do all the work, but may differ tv to tv and for a few quid worth a try.

Black 172 PH2
Good point Vish, i had my 2.1 speaker system conected to my TV via RCA(phono) connection and the volume was controlled by the speaker systems own unit, not the TV's

330Ci (Fail)Sport
yeah, it's rare to find a tv output will change the standard audio outputs, or you could blow the amp I imagine. Other options are headphone amps or just get a cheap second hand amp or a cheap hifi that has inputs.

Black 172 PH2
Ive seen decent headphones with built in Amps, i think they replicate Dolby 5.1.
Was going to get them for gaming lol

Clio
You'll get caught fapping if you've got your earphones in!!

lmfao :nono:.....:eek:

I think you can get a cable that plugs into the red and white and then converts to a 3.5mm headphone jack. Go to maplins!

ace, thanks

cheers!

second question, i need the earphone leads to be about 6m long, what cable do i need, how do i connect the cables?

182FF with cup packs
The connectors on the back of the TV will likely be line-level RCA outputs. You need some sort of amp attached to them as they will only output at one volume only, this might not even be loud enough for your headphones.

The signal out of line out remains at a constant level, regardless of the current setting of the volume control. You can connect recording equipment to line out and record the signal, without having to listen to it through the device's speaker, and without the loudness of the recording changing if you change the volume control setting of the device while you are recording.
The impedance is around 100 Ω, the voltage can reach 2 volts peak-to-peak with levels referenced to -10 dBV (300 mV) at 10 kΩ, and frequency response of most modern equipment is advertised as 20 - 20 000 Hz (although other factors influence frequency response).[citation needed] This impedance level is much higher than the usual 4 - 8 Ω of a speaker or 32 Ω of headphones, such that a speaker connected to line out essentially short circuits the op-amp. Even if the impedances would match, yielding the theoretical maximum power transfer of 50%, the power supplied through line out is not enough to drive a speaker.

All you need to connect your earphones to something 6m away is a 6m 3.5mm stero male to female extension lead, like this: http://www.lindy.co.uk/10m-audio-ex...to-35mm-stereo-jack-female-premium/35465.html

Last edited: