ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T84 project thread

Clio 182 RB
So I collected my 182 today, she's a little rocket I'm truly surprised how perky it is! I had a 4.5hr train ride up to get her and a 6hr drive back, really gave me a chance to detect the faults early on.

In very good condition but definitely not perfect, a little lumpy 1min after you become stationary at lights junctions etc, some very minor body work blemishes & the inner front wheel arches need clipping in properly.....but all in all happy.

Modification from previous owner, simply Ktec decat system, eibach springs, Ram Air induction kit and a 98Ron map.

My plan is to make it fast road spec but for maybe the odd track day but really put my focus on it being used for B-roads.

First thing I'm going to do is give it a clean bill of health starting tomorrow, once that's ticked off and I'm satisfied my first modification is certainly going to be a PMS shifter or like, it's far to low down for me!
After that my intension is to focus on the handling and stopping... I'll be trawling through this forum for inspiration, once this is all ticked off then it'll be time to start stripping weight and adding a a cage. I'm going to put an estimate of a year to a year and a half till this is complete as I'll do as much of the work as I can.

Trying to extract more power isn't really a thought for now, but as most projects sometimes your first plan takes some tangents.
Screenshot_20191021_211350.jpg

Clio 182 RB
Day 1.
Gave it a good clean off to find no more damage than I already knew existed on it, she's impressively clean for the age, in deep clean terms all I did was use some Maguires headlight restoration on it and they came out great!

I plugged it in for a diagnostic check and no fault codes showing, so the lumpy idle I'm going to have to play around a bit tomorrow as I suspect its injectors or coil pack... At least I hope it's that simple.

Some how I missed & didn't realise this when I inspected it to buy, it looks like it's got and adjustable anti roll bar on it, only two adjustment settings, which is good as that was going to be one of my first purchases, I may still go and get an new whiteline one anyway as the one on the car is definitely old and part worn.

Tomorrow she'll get a full polish and deep clean.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yep that's got a whiteline on already. just take it off and clean it up imo

do love an RB, not that I am biased at all ;-)

how lumpy is the lumpy idle, as they do tend to suffer from it...but usually an RS Tuner map sort it. if its almost missing then its more than likely a faulty injector, just get a multimeter across the injectors and look for odd one out on resistance.

Clio 182 RB
yep that's got a whiteline on already. just take it off and clean it up imo

do love an RB, not that I am biased at all ;-)

how lumpy is the lumpy idle, as they do tend to suffer from it...but usually an RS Tuner map sort it. if its almost missing then its more than likely a faulty injector, just get a multimeter across the injectors and look for odd one out on resistance.

I'll take off in the next few days and see how it cleans up also whilst it's off put it on the other setting see how much it changes it.

It's not to bad but noticeable, I've got an RSTuner module already, it's apparently the RB is already mapped but it doesn't seem to be as I've read smooth through all the revs, she gives pretty much everything at 5000rpm
IMG_20191022_184227.jpg

I'll give your advise a whirl!
Thanks coops!

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It's on the hardest setting at the minute, to be fair its not worth buying a new one as they turn pretty quickly like that anyway!

If you remove it and paint it, keep it topped up with plenty of ACF50 to stop corrosion. Look forward to following your build mate.

Clio 182 RB
So I've been abroad for a few weeks and two days before I left the car started misfiring, I thought an injector gave up but after investigation I realised there's a moisture problem with the electrics under the glove box, I cleaned it up as best as I could with my limited resources WD40ed it and it resolved the issue.....for about 20miles and then returned to running like a bag of sh@&.

when I returned home just to rub more salt in the wound I ripped the front bumper off, I knew this buying a Clio would offer up problem solving but I soon have realised I need to invest in much more resources than I currently have at home, luckily for me I work for MBRG so have access to all the tools in the world but that’s borrowed and not to hand at home so will scale up my own tool kit.

Clio 182 RB
Haven't had much time for her the last few weeks and finally cleaned up all of the fuses, relays and connectors which has resolved most of the missfire issues but now forsure I'm a injector down.
1577125677744.png

in Jan I'm going to get a K-Tec metal fuel rail and K-Tec performance injectors, I've a set of standar injectors landing tomorrow to just get her usable for now.

also in Jan a shifter and steering wheel but not 100% what wheel yet but fairly sure it'll be a PMS shifter.

Clio 182 RB
I fitted a new injector went for a drive all was good for 10 minutes so gave it some stick and then blew another injector lol.

good job had a spare! so rather than wait till Jan i'm going to order the upgraded injectors KTec supply and the metal fuel rail today, only reason I will get the KTec fuel rail is when changing the injectors the standard one feels so weak i'm sure it would easily break and the metal one surely will be easier to tug on when replacing the inevitable failure of the injectors.

Clio 182 RB
It's been a while since I've done much to the RB except a wheel bearing, I can now justify some modifications.

My PMS engine and gearbox mounts arrived, I'm after used front and rear strut brace, steering wheel & boss, Pms shifter and potentially a seat with mount.
IMG_20201103_211351.jpg

Clio 182 RB
Waiting on the PMS Shifter to come, I had to order it via KTR as PMS’s website had a notice up saying they won’t be taking any orders at present due to unprecedented levels of business.

The next items I’m after are a deep dish steering wheel & boss kit, front and rear strut brace & Brembo front conversion.

Clio 182 RB
Finally arrived, I’ll get it fitted and serviced at the same time.

Attachments

• DF6706BE-2605-46A1-8168-13D789A42733.jpeg
    DF6706BE-2605-46A1-8168-13D789A42733.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30