ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tail's DCi 100.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Don't think Alex will put up with me blowing DCI engines up trying to make stupid power out of them haha ;) or a parts store full of pumps and injectors

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Little bit of a steal but i'm curious how much power you where able to make derv destroyer?

How did you overcome the lack of fuel supply?

I'm looking into tuning my 100 and i discovered 1.8 tdci have the same injector body and pump yet the fuel system is able to supply over 150bhp.

Cheers!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Chrysler crdi 2.9 injectors fit the DCI and have the exact same conections

Managed 143 ,
Pump was properly limited and turbo couldn't boost anymore,

Ive looked into 1.8/2.0/2.2 TDCI ford parts, the 2.0 pump and 1.8 injectors could push 170 with the right safe map and a good cnt turbo.

Only thing that I can't oversee is the ford system uses an inline 12v fuel pump to draw from tank to feed the HP pump.
Saying that, that's probably how they make over 150hp as the fuel system is drawn up not vacuum
like the standard Renault system is

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Pretty interesting matter though, not much info to find on this subject!

i would be happy with just a remapped 100 but since the 106 is able to make 140-145 i'm convinced the 100 engine (which i think is the same internally) would be able to make those figures too!

turbocharger should be able to make 160 iirc

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
You need to use delphi systems.

The newer 106 is the same 100 engine but a Bosch fuel system which is to much hassle to retro fit and program.

And the DCI 100 in the mk2 Delphi format cannot push past 130 stock wise.
Injectors can give a bit more but the pump is the limiting factors.

I am planning on making the DCI 1.5 more powerful after Christmas when I have another daily to drive.

Im just hoping the DCI engine can cope with more fuel and boost, as no ones found out , I may need a spare engine for trial and error :)

Feel free to PM if you want

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Maybe it would be handy to make a topic about this matter? I signed up on cliodci.net too but there isn't much activity on there.

i'm more then happy to try things but since it's my daily i can't do too much atm...

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Could do, I have made a thread on hybrid modding a DCI but that was more talk on the internals side not fuelling.

It would be usefull as a finally outcome can be achieved. Just no one can be bothered to try other parts on them.
As soon as mines no longer a daily, I will strip the engine down and assess if I have a good base to start with, rebuild if need be.
the start messing with fueling.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Keep me updated mate! I was thinking along the lines of upgrading/modding pump and injectors, fitting stronger clutch and then get a decent remap.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Will do, I'm still researching the flow rates and spray patterns of certain types of systems,

I know the DCI 1.5 pump cannot be modded as I've stripped one , it's very poorly designed.

Its defiantly looking like ford systems

Fiesta ordered, got a rough date, so the Clio is indeed going :)

Will need to be going in the region of £2650 around the 16th - 21st of December. For sale thread will go up a little closer to the time, if there is any early interest to buy the car as it is, drop me a PM, else I'll be selling the mods and selling the car as standard :)

Ohhhhh, what fez mate? Spec? Engine?

Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium X in Panther Black with 17"s as an optional extra thrown in for nothing. Costing me the grand total of £13400 from £17660 :D

might post up a Full spec later on, but the jist of it is crusie control, half leather interior, heated seats, keyless entry, pushbutton start, and ford SYNC.

Bloody chuffed to bits.

Do you know what ever happened to this car and where it ended up?

Ooft a work colleague brought this to my attention, and I managed to remember my account details after not being on here for years haha.

Sold it about 5 years ago to a chap off Gumtree I believe. Never heard anything since.

Ooft a work colleague brought this to my attention, and I managed to remember my account details after not being on here for years haha.

Sold it about 5 years ago to a chap off Gumtree I believe. Never heard anything since.

It was my first ever car, been searching for it for a while. Couldn’t believe I came across it always wondered what happened to it and if I would ever see it again. Wouldn’t mind having it back if I came up. Been searching for a while now. You in Bristol not sure if I read it right on the thread. I got the car when I lived in Huddersfield ended up moving down to Cardiff now.

Regards

Chris