ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking ECU map from one ecu and putting on another

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Afternoon chaps
Wanting to put my 182 cammed engine in my 172 cup for use over the summer and have some questions regarding the map as I don't want to have a custom map. Yes it's not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but it's a temporary thing before I get boost.
The 182 was mapped by k-tec which I understand means the map will be locked and the 172 has a 98ron map on it with the same locking problem. There is a back way in and around this from what I know though.

There are three options from what I can see.
1. Run the 182 ecu kit on the 172 and get a load of warning lights because the ESP/ABS is missing etc. I assume this won't actually cause any problems other than the lights.

2. Try to get the map from k-tec or downloaded from the ECU and then uploaded onto the 172. I wouldn't know which software to use for this.

3. Find some kind of 172 with 438s map file and upload it onto the 172 ecu.

Spec of the cup is
k-tec style induction
182 manifold
decat
stealth exhaust

Spec of 182
k-tec induction kit
cat
2.25" k-tec cat back

Any help really appreciated.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yeah that's the plan now. After speaking to EFI about their ECU virginisation and copying the ECU I've been on CLIP this afternoon and found I can just reconfigure the UCH to not look for the ABS and Steering wheel angle sensor. That's the plan now to just swap the whole ECU kit over. Will report back on how it's all gone once the engine is in the cup and up and running.

dan's cast offs.
will work fine, done it a few times. don't forget to do the airbag stuff as well, you know you've got to lock it before you re configure?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yeah have done all the airbag bits already. Just the UCH will need reconfiguring which is an easy job from my investigation earlier.