ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tall clio drivers....

ph2 iceburg 172
hi
sorry it sounds abit of a strange question but is the seat height very high in the clio sports? im seriously thinkin about a sport but im 6 ft 3" and fairly "well" built haha, just ive heard of people complaining about it
any advice would be great thanks

Burgandy 174 sport t
I find it fine and im prob not far off you size. Passenger seat is a total disaster though. sat in better but its ok and u get used to it imo

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
i'm 6'2" and i dont have a problem with my clio but depends on how big built you are
shouldnt be too much of an issue tho

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm 6ft and 16 stone (massive shoulders) i find the seat abit high, but it's ok if i'm honest. I find the seat aint wide enough though lol.

I have mine all the way back and as low as it can go. Its okay, but nothing special. Seats are ok for big people.

Passenger seat is a disaster as said though.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
im 6ft and its ok but my cobras now which are slightly lower are mint

172 cup
Im 7 ft and got in mine with a towel on my head sat night (not good) I couldnt move my head.

n2x

e60/f10
6ft5 wide shoulders(from swimming :dead:) and can fit fine in the drivers seat. Passenger seat sux :F

106 GTi
I have more room in my 106 than I did in the 182 - Seat height and the fact it does not go back far enough mean it is not ideal, but bearable if you are over 6 foot. Steering position is pretty w**k to be honest anyway.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
im 6'3-4.
my heads pretty close to the roof and my legs pretty much touch the steering wheel.
but its not toooo bad, do get a neck ache though if im not in the mood for a drive.

performance seats and steering wheel but solve the problem.

ph2 iceburg 172
cheers for the help guys, i should be alright with a clio because ive currently got a fiesta zetec s and the seats arent the biggest in them either but i manage haha
just need to start saving now haha
its abit off topic but is it worth the extra for the 182 or is the 172 equally as good, opionions would be good thanks

cheers for the help guys, i should be alright with a clio because ive currently got a fiesta zetec s and the seats arent the biggest in them either but i manage haha
just need to start saving now haha
its abit off topic but is it worth the extra for the 182 or is the 172 equally as good, opionions would be good thanks

I've had a phase 2 172 and a 182 and personally the 182 is the better car as standard. If you intend to mod it a fair bit then just get a late low mile 172 intead and put the cash towards mods.

172 cup
Thats me at the back (all 7ft of me) Im not on tip toes either

Attachments

• n1347900438_30060732_5862.jpg
    n1347900438_30060732_5862.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 289

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
^ LOL, im sure her family didnt kill her off, imagine the amount of rice fields she could sow etc

Clio 182 + Recaros
I am 6'0 tall and have recaro front seats, which If I understand correctly are marginally lower than the standard 182 seats. If the seats are upright then I still find the headroom ok. Not so sure you'd get with the extra 3' though.

RenaultSport 172
I am 6'5" and the standard seats really were too high for me. I would have had to sell the car so I bought Cobra Misanos and they modified the drivers subframe so it sits a lot lower. Now I am really comfortable and can fit in with my helmet on for track days.

Fantom21483573548.jpg

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
i find it more of a problem due to my size 12's ! for the record i am 6'2 and have no problem with it

M2 Competition
Not the biggest car width wise, and driving position is too high.

Agree with the feet comments, seem to clip your toes on the cables/ assembly above the pedals if you have big feet!

S4 Avant
Biggest problem for me is reaching for the steering wheel, it's like the pedals are further forward than the wheel, and I find myself hunching to reach the gearstick aswell.
I'm 6"5 aswell

im 6'2 and find the seats are abit to high, i can drive the 182 long distance(nurburgring etc) and get minor backache, but would like to sit lower down, i found driving to nurburgring in my hybrid trackcar(sparco bucket seats) alot comfier as im lower down aswell as sat properly!

@fantom have you got any more pics of the seats?

Lou

I'm 5ft 10", I feel even when the drivers seat is lowered right down I cannot sit up straight as my head is practically on the roof! :(

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I'm 6'2... cant stand the standard seats in the terms of height & support

Soon fixed :
DSCF32081.jpg

Rouglhy 45-50mm lower than standard :approve:

Astra van,Mk1 nova
I'm 6'2... cant stand the standard seats in the terms of height & support

Soon fixed :
DSCF32081.jpg

Rouglhy 45-50mm lower than standard :approve:

+1

The clios seating position is poop! so after a year of me moaning i done something i should have done from day 1 :approve:

1101600957a9855264386l.jpg

RenaultSport 172
Here you go Richy:

Fantom021632154188.jpg

Fantom529250536099.jpg

Fantom56955226188.jpg

Fantom76149392546.jpg

Fantom90422251048.jpg

This is how much lower the drivers seat is after subframe modification:

Fantom50546037401.jpg