ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tapping noise

clio 172 phase 2
My car has just been getting this tapping noise for a while now seems to be getting louder . It is not dephaser as thats been changed recently .

My saxo had the simular sound and it was tappets .

This sounds simular but isit possible for the injectors to make a tapping noise as it sounds like its coming from that area .

Any help would be brilliant !

I'll keep on eye on this thread, mines doing the same. Does it on the over-run, maintaining speed, louder over 2,000RPM, sounds louder from underneath the car/passenger wheel arch area at idle.

Belts were done by Fred in Autumn last year, since then it's had an oil change after approx 6,500miles with Fuchs SuperSyn and I'm half tempted to drop the oil again before FCS even though the current oils only done 3,000 miles.

clio 172 phase 2
Its annoying me more than anything because it was silent a month ago then just came along , its very loud by the injectors

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you checked all the plugs are in properly yet? Is the tapping noises frequency static or rotational?

Mick

clio 172 phase 2
Going to check later today about the plugs , ive noticed around my inlet plenum theres a few gaps beetween the plenum and the gasket also some oil coming out of this gap too is there a chance it could be an air leak

Cliosport 172 cu
Is say sticky lifters different car completely but fix a jag with a tapping noise today run engine flush though it to clean it have fresh oil and freed it some think simple like that I'd try first unless clios am diff in that department.