ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tarox discs and pads

Are Tarox discs and pads? any good? upon closer inspection my pads are approaching the end of thier usefullness so i may choose to bite the bullet and do the lot, as hill power seem pretty keen on them,

any views or alternatives?

also Im still not sure what fluid i would be best using? Benr, who i listen to said stick with DOT4, but some body on the hill power site was praising DOT 5.1, whats the verdict?

lofty

dot 5.1 has a higher boiling point, but only really matters on the track, my castrol dot 4 didnt over heat on the track.
also, it has a shorter service life, requirering bleeding every 2 months as it absorbes moisture fast!
you can also get silicone stuf if you really want, high boiling point, wont absorb moisture, but is a bit OTT and expensive.

tar-ox, are very expensive, and good discs, dont know about the pads. But i just cant justify the asking price!!
im more than happy with plain discs.