ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taxing Vehicle Help!!!!

Can anyone tell me, my boyfriend forgot to tax his car at the end of June and remembered on Sunday that he hadnt done it, so he is 4 days late, does this mean he will get fined? haveyou still got a number of days after to get it?

CTR

Doesnt look good for him...... From dvla website (regarding new taxing rules introduced 1/1/04). Have no idea whether the system does actually work this efficiently though, or if this his just how it should work:

The new rules mean that keepers who fail to re-license their vehicle (or declare SORN) will incur an automatic penalty of £80 (reduced to £40 if paid within 28 days). Determined offenders will be faced with prosecution and could be fined a minimum £1000.

DVLA will carry out a computer check each month to identify those vehicles without a valid tax disc. Although the new rules mean that it is no longer necessary for the vehicle to be seen on a public road before a penalty is issued current on-road enforcement will still continue.

don't

you get 14 days

i spoke 2 DVLA as i wasnt sure when i was selling a car etc

she said i either need to tax it or declare it sorn within 14 days of the tax ending

so nice 14 days, not really that strict is it really

so should be fine

Thats what i thought it was 14 days, but as they changed the system not so long ago i wasnt sure. Thats good then. We wouldnt risk it just forgot.

Not a Clio

;) wasnt sure with them changing stuff about.

Not sure how anyone can forget to get tax... the date is on the disc stuck to your windscreen!!!

I know, the car has been parked outside his work for about a month as he has been driving a company car. Out of sight out of mind i suppose.