ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tce 100 using 172 fuel injectors

HI guys, i own a tce100 3 ph1
I supported my engine with an power box which
Is made by elia tuning. They call it elia secotronic. The engine handles a lot better
And with better boost and more power. I talked to the tech master there
And he told me that box is doing 200mbar more on boost.
I read a lot of informations about using some clio b rs fuel injectors and getting more power with them.
How does that work?
Can i just get a set of that injectors and will have a better performance?
Also i dont know if i have to get a remap done which means i cant use that box anymore.
I was reading in several forums that the stock injektors duty cycle is already with stock boost by 100℅.
All that informations i found 6 months after i bouht the tuning box.

Hopefully somebody can help​

with the 172 injectors fitted and a map it will be hitting around 85% duty on the 172 injectors

you will need a remap to suit as fueling will be all over the place, so will need to get rid of the box

i would look at supporting mods too, better filter and a better intercooler

I was thinking about put in a other intercooler but i have the problem that car is my daily and i have no idea which intercooler which hoses and adapters i need i mean if the car coupd stay couple dayd its easy to find out but i have to do it in one day with the intercooler maybe you or somebody can give me a part list.

Also my question is does anytging happen if i put in the fuel injectors and drive it for a while until i have intercooler done because after all i like to remap

Intercooler is not an essential item to upgrade, you can run the injectors fine without it
however if you were going to get it re mapped you would be better to do it all together to gain the most out of the remap

running the injectors without the remap, this could mess up your car, by possibly under/over fueling ect

as for a kit i am sorry cant help you, i do not think there is a off the shelf package as of yet

good thread here though, for tuning ideas

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...s-Twingo-GT-TCE&highlight=1.2+tce+intercooler

twingo
theres loads of us twingo guys who've done the modified TCE thing, i'm currently at 136BHP...didn't use 172 injectors though because, well ... they aren't much of an upgrade. maybe take you to 125bhp before they're in the dangerous zone with duty cycles, you want bigger picco iwp(cant even remember the code) 380 odd cc injectors / bigger fuel pump / and a TD04 turbo. you'll get to 180-200bhp out of a 1.2L engine easily enough, it's around 180-200 where the torque begins to bend the con rods so it's a slippy slope.

fantastic little engines. definitely the gem in the renault range i think!!!

twingo
i also forgot to mention, yes you will need a remap for those fuel injectors to work. firstly you'll need to tell the ECU that it's got new injectors, then the fuelling will be set to take into account the new fuel injectors ; they will be able to inject more fuel than the old injectors, so turning up the turbo / boost pressure will enable you to get more power.

simply installing the injectors without a remap would result in your car overfuelling, performance would drop massively

Ok thanks. My current problem is that i can't find anybody here in germany who is able to remap it right. All the chiptuners i asked told me they can map with theyre program but that maps they have are just for standard engines.
And as soon i was asking to get a custom map they said no because of something with the ecu. They said it's a sim32 and that would be difficult bla bla bla.

Thats why i was thinking i need to use the box here in germany to get more power out. For me it's difficult to get an tce engine with 130 to 140 horses which would be the hp i like to have.
That elia box is taking the engine to 119 hp and around 5000rpm it's doing a short jerk and after it goes to the end to 6000 rpm

And thats also something i don't like.

I mean i need something which is doing a good job and supports me 140 horses.

If i just replace the intercooler it makes maybe 5 hp more which is not that increasement i like to have.
Or i'm wrong and its exactly what it needs?

In the german forum there were couple guys they had some jobs done but they just posting what they have and don't like to share or help

I'm happy that you guys give me some help

Last edited:
Also the thing i thought the engine can handle bigger injectors and against overfuelling the o2 sensor will doing the right fuel. Anyway it seems to be hard here to get more out.

twingo
sign upto twingo133.net and search for me ''oscar'', message me and say hello and i will direct you to one of the german members who will put you in contact with good renault tuners. you'll also find a huge selection of modifications you can do to your clio-tce in terms of engine modifications as the renault wing / twingo / clio all have the same TCE engines.

you'll even see my TCE with all it's honda mugen and hks jap bits bolted onto it .... which is for fun only, not to be taken seriously!

the member i'll put you in touch with worked for opel / citroen etc designing cars, and is currently close to completing a clio 197 motorsport conversion into his little renault twingo ... he's very friendly and will help you out with finding the beat place in germany to get your TCE remapped

twingo
if i recall, he had a lot of problems with the rs tuner map. raeder motorsport / manthey racing / frikadelli racing is the place you want to contact with regards to doing a custom renault remap but i've messaged you on twingo133.net

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Martin172 had a twingo tce that he put 172 injectors in and then bored everyone to tears saying how awesome his blue wheeled heap was.

If you say so chief! My version of the story was all the rs owners tried to use every opportunity to **** its wheels because they were feirt of it, it used to stay glued to the erse of any 2.0 clio until tripple figures!

Op, speak to www.fastchip.nl he can do the map you require.

You will need intercooler to get any proper power from it i removed my fog light but inlet temps were still high, pauls at rs tuning had to hold the boost back