ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TCE, stock turbo, how much power?

Megane RS 250
I just bough a TCE, it's been chipped by the previous owner (by Ferraris, a well known tuner in Italy)...it seems a bit stronger than an other TCE I tested and it's on par with a Twingo with the same engine, but it's still a bit low for my taste...
I got almost 190 kph in Germany, but after 170 it takes an eternity to accelerate.
Do you know how much power can you get on this engine with basic mods (full exhaust with downpipe+cat, filter, map etc...)?

Megane 225 F1
I think K-tec do a 130 bhp kit. (This is off the top of my head. My mate has one and he was talking about doing it and I think this is the figure he mentioned.)

A lot of money for it though,

Megane RS 250
I think I'll have a full exhaust with downpipe and sports cat for free (as a development car), so basically I'll need an update of the ECU, I'll have that for 100-200 quid. I'll get a foam filter at the next service interval.
Is it worth to fit a dump valve? Are the injectors an issue?

Be careful injectors are running near full duration as it is.

chnage them and you should have a bit more power.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above, injectors are your first bottleneck, not sure if their is a common swap for them for something else? after you have sorted the breathing mods id imagine the turbo will be your next limit, they are tiny!

stock car with a remap though should be pushing 125-130bhp however as edde says, injectors are pushing the limits as standard, sure i remember someone mentioning they were running 105% duty as standard at some points!

Megane RS 250
That's a lot! It's probably the reason why you can get better torque value at low-medium rpm but you can't increase the top end power and top speed...

Megane RS 250
Mmm I don't want to risk too much but coming from a 172 it's really slow so I'd like at least 130 real hp..now it seems to have like 110-120. I hope to test it on our dyno soon.