ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Teach me in the ways of the MK2 172

Leon TDI

So after all the hassles i had with my MK1 172, my dealer has secured me a MK2 172 which i pick up a week today.

Checking out the Renault website they have removed the 172 from the list of cars, and only have info in the 182. And my dealer only has brouchers on the 182.

Ive read the difference on engine stats on the ClioSport main page, but reading the forums i gather there are differences on the trim, equipment and interior between the MK1 and Mk2.

So what new toys am i going to find, or loose on the Mk2?

/Woof

Elise/VX220/R26

main one will be ESP/Traction control. Its switchable which is a good thing but its a good bit of kit. Theres small changes to the clocks and dash, and the renault sport logos are grey rather than coloured. Thats about it I think!

Renault Laguna Coupe

You are going to lose the nice coloured Renaultsport logo on the seats - you get a grey one instead. You gain climate control, and a generally tidier dashboard. 16" alloys instead of 15"s. If its a newish one you might be blessed (cursed?) with traction control and esp.

Lee

BMW M2C

Yes it still has the trip computer. You may also gain cruise control if the car is new enough.

VaVa

IIRC youll lose the multicahanger as well. They made it a cost option sometime during the life of the mk2 172.......... Cant remember when tho....

Much nicer interior in the mk2 (apart from the colour stitching and white dials in the mk1!), but the dozy buggers at Renault forgot to take out the rattles along with the old dashboard.

My MK2 172 was also April/May 2002 and that didnt have traction control. This came a few months later IIRC.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by RS 172 on 17 January 2004

where is this button 2 turn the traction control on and off on the mk2.....
If youve got it, its next to the dimmer switch for the dash illumination on the right hand side.....

ESP/traction came in around September 02 (52 plate), so if its 02 you wont have it. CD multichanger was removed (as std) from about Oct 02, so youll still have that. Early 52 reg ones (like mine) got traction/ESP and multichanger as standard