ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Telling insurance it's an import

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Is it necessary or are they not strictly imports?

Cat 1 alarm and locking wheel nuts will be fitted ASAP after I get it, so it'll all be up to Uk spec.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
No , you don't need to tell them . Your confusing parallel imports with grey imports , grey imports usually being from countries like Japan where they have different specs , like no rear fog light , underseal ......

BMW M135i
No you don't as its still a uk spec car, just a parrellel import as it was originally bound for some other right hand drive eu country. Ones where thatcham status doesn't apply so hence no alarm or locking nuts.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
So these imports were originally meant to go to other countries but shipped direct to the UK?

Well 2 out of 3 agree with me lol but is it technically an import in the common sense if it was first registered here?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I don't want to aks them until the alarm is fitted, should be done within a few days of getting it.

Yeah I suppose you're right Pep.

Just a bit confused if the insurance just want to know if its grey import or not. I'll ring them once alarm is sorted.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
I don't want to aks them until the alarm is fitted, should be done within a few days of getting it.

Yeah I suppose you're right Pep.

Just a bit confused if the insurance just want to know if its grey import or not. I'll ring them once alarm is sorted.

Its not a grey import, its a parallel import, as stated above.

Haven't told my insurance company, don't see any reason to.

BMW M135i
No need to inform the insurance at all. Still a UK spec car first registered here. Just was originally allocated for cyprus or somewhere else in the EU thats RHD.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Just as I thought then, cheers guys!

Its not a grey import, its a parallel import, as stated above.

Haven't told my insurance company, don't see any reason to.

I meant as in when insurance company asks for imports, do they only want to know about grey imports and not parallel imports.

I wont be telling them anyhow now.

B

Brown.

insurers dont care, slong as it had alarm/imobaliser fitted......from experience

BMW M135i
When I had mine the only requirement was for a CAT2 immobiliser. Think its the same with the meggy as I haven't had to sent the alarm cert off.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'm with elephant, and online the only security options are something like none, manufacturers standard, immobiliser and tracker.

When changing the car on my policy, they just asked has it got standard manufacturers security and I said yes. Will send in my Cat 1 certificate once fitted and se if they give a discount.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Schweet! I'll be sending them proof the day its fitted. Bloody excited, only a couple of days till we complete sale and I drive it away, hope there are no probs. Insurance already sorted. Not going to seem real until I'm driving it home! lol