ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature gauge rapidly changing.

Basically my ph1 gets up to temperature really quick, then it will go between mid way and the top (no stop lights ever come on).
It will do this randomly, at any point it will randomly rise and drop. No patterns in when it happens.

Anyone any ideas?

The car has a new water pump, a new thermostat, a working fan and a new temperature gauge & has had the coolant flushed through & rebled correctly.

182 Trophy #333
When mine did this it was the temperature sensor at fault, sounds like the only part of the system that hasn't been changed!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think they mean the temp sensor under the air filter housing ? I might be wrong though . I think it's quite common for them to have a dodgy wiring / connection . I had this on my 182 when it was brand new , turns out it was just a dodgy connection , i gave it a good wiggle and problem went away . My temp guage would randomly shoot up and down like it had gone mad.

Oh. I'm out of ideas then! Lol

Time to burn it.

I think they mean the temp sensor under the air filter housing ? I might be wrong though . I think it's quite common for them to have a dodgy wiring / connection . I had this on my 182 when it was brand new , turns out it was just a dodgy connection , i gave it a good wiggle and problem went away . My temp guage would randomly shoot up and down like it had gone mad.

Aye thats the one we mean, I have sprayed contact cleaned on the plug, might get a little screw driver in there and try clean it up. Could be that making it so random.

Someone did suggest clocks,

When this happened to my 182 it was the CTS wiring. I think the sender is a misdiagnosis in most cases, and the problem just goes away because the wiring is disturbed when it is replaced.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Mines is doing the same did u bleed the coolant properly? I had this problem in the puma I had before

Want me to pop up one evening and we'll have a play with the wiring/Clip?

If you wouldnt mind? need to program that key too! Ill cover you fuel money, which will be about 10p ;)

I take it it was doing this before you changed everything?

Yes it was, it started doing it a few months back.

Mines is doing the same did u bleed the coolant properly? I had this problem in the puma I had before

I did re-bleed it correctly yeh, Well I just do it how I always bleed clios and its always worked lol

Cliosport ph1 mv647
Hi mate. I also had this problem on my ph1 and believe it or not i changed the earth strap that goes from the box to the front panel (behind passenger headlight) and this sorted it. Never once done it again.

Hi mate. I also had this problem on my ph1 and believe it or not i changed the earth strap that goes from the box to the front panel (behind passenger headlight) and this sorted it. Never once done it again.

Cheers bud! I got check/clean the earth points up at some point as a double measure.

I dont want to get ahead of myself but the past 4 times I drove the car it didnt read hot, im 100% its an electrical issues though.