ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature

Just wondering how high does yr water temperature level reaches on yr 16v (the gauge below the speedo). Just had a new radiator fitted and the temperature goes more than half way almost 3/4 to the top..does that level sound right?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

My RT needs a new radiator. It stops at the 3/4 mark but soon as I get stuck in traffic its 3 mins before it starts to get well hot and I have to turn in internal heaters and the engine fan comes on too. Must buy a new radiator. May I ask how much you payed?

I wouldnt worry about yours being at 3/4. Mines sat there since 50k miles and Im on 108k now, its just it doesnt do a great job of cooling when going slow or stopped.

Cheers.

ok it was because on other cars Ive driven they go about half way and 3/4 was looking a bit on the high side but, if yrs is like that then i know all should be cool. I couldnt find anyone breaking a 16v coz and had to go to reno direct as the 16v radiators are different to the rest. The price was about £126 and when you give in your old unit reno gives you £20 back so i paided 106 for one and if it went wrong i could return it.

I paid £50 for my rad, brand new off of Malice on the for sale forum;)

Fitted it myself saving more money and now it sits just under 3/4 which I think is normal, though it does come down when driving. Before I changed the rad the needle was all the way on 4/4 mark:eek: fan use to come on all the time...........

If its gone significantly higher with the new rad in, theres something wrong!

Like an air lock.

It should run between the 1st big line and the half way mark and climb up in traffic.