ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tempting.....

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Had a quote for a new Clio 197 Cup in White with Recaro's and Speedlines for £13,775 OTR

Insurance is coming out at £351

Was thinking of a 2 Year old Golf GTi for about £16,000 but this is looking quite appealing at the mo.....

Someone stop me

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Fcuk's Sake, I've only been on here 6 years and still can't work the damned thing!

Only thing the Golf has going for it is a remap to 240 hp & better residuals.

Arrrghhh

P.S. Can a mod please move this thread ta

C

clvs2222

thats a really good quote for a 30 year old. my mothers is £300 on her coopper and she has over 20 years of driving experence with no convictions or claims, sorry to make it into another "what you payin for insuance" thread

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Am gonna test drive one this week sometime I think

Then am going to drive to IoM and falcon punch Sarah right in the babymaker

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
you'll be hit hard by the mpg too, as i guess the golf does decent mpg.

Punto/Clio GTT
pick up a 2nd hand 197? save even more cash

buying brand new clios is a mugs game considering depreciation

all imo of course

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Have got a test drive of an LY R26 F1 this Saturday @ Donchavster, whilst I like the looks of the clio over the meg, I think the engine/LSD combo makes the meg a much better proposition, plus the insurance is coming out at £420 :) and i'd love a remap too TBH

I'm still not 100% on the meg looks though.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Arrrrrgh!!

Test drove R26 and GTi back to back, they were both so much fun, the GTi had it on build quality and interior feel but the R26 was noticably livelier under power.

Testing a Focus ST today :D

Your never too old, I'm 36 and I went from a "mature" car BMW 325i Sport to a Clio Trophy! ;)

The Megane R26 has been consistently rated above the Golf and Focus in a number of magazines and is Evo's favorite hot hatch at the moment. Of those you've considered, I'd pick the R26. But it depends on what you want out of the car and what sort of driving you do. Apparently the Megane dci175 isn't far off in terms of every performance plus does 40+mpg, some thing to consider with petrol prices the way they are.:dapprove: