ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco Microfibre cloths

Monaco Blue Mk2
Are these the ones that people have recommeded for drying? I picked some up today and after falling out with my chamois want something better to use. Any tips on technique and how to avoid streaks/water marks? Also I'm guessing these will also be fine for buffing out polishes and wax?

Blue4Ever said:
Are these the ones that people have recommeded for drying? I picked some up today and after falling out with my chamois want something better to use. Any tips on technique and how to avoid streaks/water marks? Also I'm guessing these will also be fine for buffing out polishes and wax?

seem 2 answer ur threads .............i got some and they r gr8 for all jobs , cant fault the 3pk ..........lol:star:

Blue4Ever said:
D'oh! Bollies. Only ones I saw were 3pk of white ones for 89p!

Thanks Kully, I'll give them a whirl.

same here 3 4 89p........used for drying 2 , bought 2 packs , 1 polishing , 1 drying ..........lol:cool:

Monaco Blue Mk2
Excellent! I bought 4 packs, pmsl! Can't argue at that price and they'll do for a few things so good to have in.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I use them all the time , great for drying , removing polish , wax etc ....

The ones i use are blue , but i've seen orange ones that are the same . They've had a few washes in the washing machine and are still like new , don't forget " NO fabric conditioner " though !!

Good to have one in the car just for wiping down any dust on your dash .

Good to have one in the car just for wiping down any dust on your dash

lol..............gr8 minds think alike ;)

Renault Clio 172
I use a microfibre towel to dry my car off, you don't need to squeeze it out at all and they don't leaves any marks water marks-great for the summer!!!

Microfibre to dry? Am I missing something?!

I've only ever used Microfibre pads/towels to apply or remove wax/polish etc (I've got a Megs towel and a blue Tesco £1.27 towel for removing, and a pad from CarWashnWax for applying), I can't even see how they would work for drying.

I use a Megs Water Magnet Drying Towel for drying the car after a wash, usually dry the whole car without having to ring it out once.

Monaco Blue Mk2
I used them for drying at the weekend. They were superb, glide over the body guzzling the water and dont leave any water marks! Much better than a chamois.

106 GTi
ukaskew said:
Microfibre to dry? Am I missing something?!

I use a Megs Water Magnet Drying Towel for drying the car after a wash, usually dry the whole car without having to ring it out once.

Normal practice Chris, like you use a dedicated Microfiber drying towel as they soak up water better than than normal MF'S.

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9170

It's 25" x 36" and drys the Clio without getting hardly wet!

I do use normal MF's for any of the small drips and runs that develop after a quick spin round the block!

172 gone :( 197 now :)
I use the meguirs water magnet and it seems the perfect size for the clio. Much easier than using a chamios once i realised you were supposed to use it dry and not wet! lol I spray quick detailer on mine before drying which leaves a stunning finish.