ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco SIM won't work in iPhone locked to o2

1998 BMW e46 323i
Really weird, the missus' iPhone 3G I gave her won't work on a Tesco SIM after updating the OS...

Everything I'd read had said it would, now gotta wait for 02 to unlock it, any idea how long it takes?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why did you think it would work?
Was the phone unlocked?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Like I said everything I'd read said it would work, seeing as Tesco use the 02 network... It's supposed to work one way; an 02 sim won't work in a Tesco phone.

I fail I guess.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Fair enough, but i wouldn't have expected it to work lol

1998 BMW e46 323i
Filled that in yesterday thanks, hopefully she won't have to wait too long. She's reverted back to a nokia 7100 supernova. At least my spare is a nokia 8250, proper retro.

Not a Clio
Remember to connect to itunes after you get the confirmation otherwise the tesco sim still won't work.

I requested mine online, the next day I tried the unlock through iTunes and it worked straight away. It then took O2 another 5 days to text me to say it was unlocked.

So, keep trying each day is my advice, even if O2 don't text.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I will, tar. I've still not received a text or an email from Vodafone telling me my 3GS is able to be unlocked, iTunes unlocked it a few weeks ago now I guess.