ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drive a V6 - Where

Hi guys,

Does anyone happen to know if any dealers have a v6 demonstrator in yet, or when theyre likely to? Deepest Devon doesnt seem to attract them for some reason... ;)

Anyone had a go in one?

Cheers,

Tinium.

Doubt it, i went to a ford dealership and asked for a drive in the RS but they said no test drives unless you put the deposit down!

-Rob

Lee

BMW M2C

I couldnt get a test drive in a 172 let alone a V6. I could have shoved the cash in the dealers face and he still wouldnt have taken me seriously. :mad:

I almost put at deposite down on an RS. A local dealer has a 52 plate one in now. Its soooooo tempting.

Yep, Renault Exeter were more than willing to let me have a test drive as soon as they get one, so thats a step in the right direction I suppose! Didnt have any problems when I test drove my 172 with Fish(y) brothers in Reading, even though I was only 22. Did give the suit a dusting off just in case... Guess they just liked taking it out and any excuse for a thrash :)

Ill give Renault UK a ring, see if I can get any where...

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 13 May 2003

Doubt it, i went to a ford dealership and asked for a drive in the RS but they said no test drives unless you put the deposit down!

-Rob
rob....there not about to let a 19yr old out in a new RS! lol

is sure as hell dont let blaggers havea test in our 172! haha

Mr2 Roadster

Doesnt suprise me to hear that Renault are being stingy... They will no doubt reject me when I ask. Nevermind, Maranellos have always been nice to me, let me take out the Maserati Spyder the day of the launch even though I wasnt 25 and wasnt covered on their insurance. They just asked me not to crash it... :)

Elise/VX220/R26

I know what Id say to a dealer if he refused a test drive. Feck me if your spending 25 grand on a car you WILL test drice it before you even think about putting a deposit down. I think dealers sometimes get a bit big for their boots thinking that they can pick and choose who can test drive the top spec cars. Anyway you know who the test pilots are because they will arrive in a ford on one type or other.

The garage I got my 172 from couldnt wait to let me drive the car. All they asked was that we talked about a part ex price on my old car first. Didnt get much of that conversation but the test drive was good :)

Yup, if a garage refuses a test drive, tell em to piss off and take your cash elsewhere.

Although I can see why Ford wont let the RS out with an 18 year old. Suit or no suit!

Jeremy, when are the new Vees arriving? Asked Floyed this week but he seemed none the wiser. Come on give us a clue, mines going to arrive in titanium, so when can i expect to see it???

We have had people crash our only demo V6 and it costs them nothing......

We didnt even have any test drives on our V6s, they just bought them.

People can feel that they have the right to drive it, but we all know people go out for a drive with no intention of driving, if your genuine buyer, a salesman will spot it. If your there to just havea drive, i can easily say no.

Its the dealers discretion, and when we buy the cars first its our money on the line, and being a small dealer with little facotry support, we cant risk letting freebies out.

So come on, the suspense is killing me, when am i likely to see mine?? And do you know anyone who wants to buy a nice well looked after mk1. Hehe.

we were promised ours for last month, but were not getting them till eptember now, and weve sold 4!! :confused:

If you think Renault messes about the customer, try being a dealer!

they really are the least helpful people, they asked us why are sales are bad with teh new megane......CAUSE YOU BLOODY SENT US 5!!!

How can we sell with no cars!