ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test driving a 1*2

182 Ly ff.
I'm looking to buy a 1*2 in next few weeks. What should I look for when I take then out for a test drive? Cambelt been done or 500 off the price and regular services are what I have picked up so far! Thanks for your help in advance!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
When you find a straight, gun it in 2nd and see if you hear any unwanted noises, do some sharp turns etc. Basically drive it like a teenager, then you can hear or feel if anything is wrong.

clio 182 black /gold
When you find a straight, gun it in 2nd and see if you hear any unwanted noises, do some sharp turns etc. Basically drive it like a teenager, then you can hear or feel if anything is wrong.
Do you mean drive it like you stole it? LOL.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
excessive movement of the engine, significant whines from the box or crunching, any knocks through first and second gear and obvious belt/dephaser history

to name but a few <3

ph2 172
I'd have a listen for any phaser pulley issues. If there is one, regardless of it having the belts done, there coming off to fix it. Generally they idle a little rough when cold so no big issues there, they can knock a bit when on full lock and some have issues with the engine mounts. All in all, ive had a 172 for 15 months and had no problems in any respect with it. The most reliable car ive had.:) (and ive had a few).

182 Ly ff.
I'd have a listen for any phaser pulley issues. If there is one, regardless of it having the belts done, there coming off to fix it. Generally they idle a little rough when cold so no big issues there, they can knock a bit when on full lock and some have issues with the engine mounts. All in all, ive had a 172 for 15 months and had no problems in any respect with it. The most reliable car ive had.:) (and ive had a few).

I notice your from Wigan area, a couple of 172s up round there will prob go and have a look!! Any dodgy traders to watch out 4???

ph2 172
I notice your from Wigan area, a couple of 172s up round there will prob go and have a look!! Any dodgy traders to watch out 4???
Got mine from buckshaw motors just outside coppull. He normally sells quite a few and very fair on part ex and prices, i might of just got lucky but he knocked a shed load off the askin price when i mentioned the cambelt. Just had a look and he's selling one right now.
http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/veh...oexposure.co.uk/AETA59375/AETV68244553_1a.jpg
P.S - I am no way involved with this dealer or what not. Just thought i'd have a nosey for you.

182 Ly ff.
Lol, my mums got a pub in euxton!!! Drive past that car place everytime I go up 2 c her!! Might go down and have a look! Cheers.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
check when pulling away for creaking sound. anti roll bar bushes need replacing, its common. nothing major but its something that you could knock off the price.

Dunno that one. Been a few years since I was that way. Just the Talbot and Bay Horse in those days!

Never heard anything bad about the car place.