ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Testing the 50mm AF-S

A few varied shots in low light and some with sb-400:

Low light with no flash F1.4:

DSC_0042.jpg

F2.8

DSC_0077.jpg

F1.6:

DSC_0085.jpg

Indoor, natural light from window - no flash F3.5:

DSC_0036.jpg

Low Light vs drunk relatives - no flash f1.4:

DSC_0123.jpg

SB-400 and Juggling balls F4:

DSC_0159-1.jpg

SB-400 and misses trying to juggle - note dog on right having to be held back from grabbing said juggling balls! F4:

DSC_0156.jpg

Low light, photoshop - no flash F2.8:

MistyEye.jpg

I am very pleased with the lens, works well in low light, but does require manual changes to ISO as the auto ISO on the camera is not very effective with the 50mm.

The lens is very quiet and auto focus is very quick - even in low light and the full time manual over ride is also handy. Its very light and sits on the D60/D40 perfectly.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I was going to get this, but from looking on flickr, the Sigma 50 1.4 looks a little better and sharper.

Nice pictures though.

I tested both and preferred the Nikon, but thats just my taste! The Siggy was nice, but like the build of the Nikon more, plus at nearly half the weight its an ideal go anywhere lens!

Looked at picture quality and overall the Nikon matches the Siggy IMO.

Italian 3.2 V6
nice pics m8! love the tic tac one :) ...i am still figuring out how to take a shot like that!, i have a 1000d with standard 18-55mm lense :S lol