ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Testing the 55-200mm

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Got a little package from Hong Kong through the post yesterday containing a nice new lens for the D40:D

Decided to make the most of a free saturday and take the dog for a long walk.

All pics are taken straight off the camera.

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

Anddd a random one on the way home

DSC_0139.jpg

Cheers,

Luke

Merc A class
Good Pcitures, Got my D40 yesterday

Dont happen to be selling Standard Lens do you?

FF RB 182
Which 55-200mm is it? Sigma or Nikon? Gaz has the sigma, a good lens for £100.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I doubt it, the 55-200 goes with the standard lens, as that ends at 55mm.

Correcto...Raid I know Ballsie's selling the 18-55mm VR in the 'other for sale section', may be worth a look.

Sophance, it's the Nikkor one:)

The 55-200 VR is one of the best value for money lenses you can get!!

It used to go for around £120 but has gone up recently to around £150.

You could get it imported from HK but watch out for TAX/Duty. You may think you have got away with it if fedex deliver, but they will send you a bill a couple of weeks after you have the package for handling/tax.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
i want one of these lenses!
how much did it cost?

I managed to get it for £130something from ebay:approve:

Lol I wasn't aware of that JJ, will let you all know if I get any unexpected bills.

Nippy white cup
Is it the same as this one but for Canon? I'm thinking of getting a lens with a zoom...would this be a good buy (not for that price obviously...my cousin is pretty high up with Canon in t he north so I should be able to get a decent discount :))

Chris

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Is it the same as this one but for Canon? I'm thinking of getting a lens with a zoom...would this be a good buy (not for that price obviously...my cousin is pretty high up with Canon in t he north so I should be able to get a decent discount :))

Chris

Canon do a 55-250mm iirc :)

Do it mate, you won't regret it, especially if you can get a nice discount.

EDIT: Just found a 55-200mm too, http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/c-canon-lenses.htm

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
Might go for that then m8....I actually meant to put a link on my post lol

I'll see what the prices are like for the two but if I was to get the 200mm I would always be thinking how much better would the 250mm have been. But I bet if I get that then I would be wondering about the next one up from that lol

Chris

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'll see what the prices are like for the two but if I was to get the 200mm I would always be thinking how much better would the 250mm have been. But I bet if I get that then I would be wondering about the next one up from that lol

Chris

I'm already wondering whether I'd have been better going for more range, really impressed with this lens for the price though.

its mainly 1, 2 and 5 they just seem to be very lacking in detail in the fur and in the fine bits on the grasses in the second

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
is it just me or are the pictures soft as hell ?

It's probably me tbh mate, I'm still pretty new to all this, any tips or pointers would be great:D

Chris-I signed up yesterday but not added anything yet, will have a go when I get in from work. Just had a look at yours, some cool pics dude, crimbo ones are great!