ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thanks Cliosport

Just wanted to show my appreciation for all those who have and continue to offer advice and take the time to post helpful guides.

The reason for this is i've successfully fitted my new Momo jet steering wheel to my 182 with no warning lights or problems, and the only reason i attempted it was because of the info found on this site.

I'm now feeling very smug and having gone for a quick drive i cannot recommend the steering wheel enough, it's superb. It looks brilliant but better than that is the way it transforms the driving experience.

Thanks again all and keep up the good advice, so oafs like me can save more money:approve:

BMW 320d SE
Sounds like you've got your moneys worth from the forum then! :)

Just out of interest, what have you done with your cruise control switches? Did you ditch them or manage to fit them to the new wheel?

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I just got this steering wheel as well mate..

320mm, dogs danglies innit!

Unfortunatly you lose the cruise control with the new wheel, but i must have used it twice in 4 years so i won't miss it.

Steve, i'm in wootton fields mate i'll keep an eye out for you, i've seen a few 197's recently.

Yeah your right Merk the wheel is ace!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep i had a 330mm Momo race. Might have been some pics of mine lurking in some related posts

172 Cup
The standard wheel is far too big imo! But dont wanna sacrafice an airbag for a smaller one, wish there was a direct replacement available?! anyone put a 197 wheel onto a 172/182?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Meh, the feel and transformation with a smaller Wheel is awesome!!!

Won't fit i'm afraid, that's one of the first things i looked at doing when mine started to fall apart. Apparently different fittings/wiring.

BMW 320d SE
I should image the insurance companies would like to know about a mod like this, especially where it involves the removal of the airbag.

I'm sure I've seen aftermarket wheels with airbags in, but they were hideously expensive.

Shame about the cruise control though. Whilst some obviously don't use it a great deal, I use mine all the time. It certainly makes long motorway journeys less tiring.