ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

That 5k kick!

A Flamin' Red one
Morning chaps!

Driving to work this morning and gave it the obligitory blast to make monday morning that little bit more enjoyable and it got me wondering. What is it exactly that produces that kick at five thousands revs? Is it something to do with the cam changing?

No it's not. the VVT on a clio cuts in at about 1200 RPM (very low whatever the actual amount is) the 5k kick is just the car coming "on cam" basically just the part of the rev range where the engine produces most punch.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Ur right loony, its all explained in the first link in my last post.

182, turbo rx8, 911
Well tbh guys the 5k kick in my 1.2 throws me through the back window, then i bring her up to 6k and hit the limit!

BMW E92/Audi S3
:quiet:Kick my arse.. Nippy cars but 5k kick..? lol hahahahaaaaa like a midget pushing a pushchair

Porsche Boxster987S
tbh when mine hits 5k it does kick quite noticeably:eek: (imo)

certainly kicked a good bit more than GAZs old yin anyway
:quiet: xx

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
tbh when mine hits 5k it does kick quite noticeably:eek: (imo)

certainly kicked a good bit more than GAZs old yin anyway
:quiet: xx

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
mine was pretty noticable at 5k untill i got a decat, it feels alot smoother now. Feels less restricted imo

vers le haut doigt milieu
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh.01
2.5k kick is where its at ;).

Noice! Why's that then?

thats the repair bill for when u hit a tree

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
And why is that, Merk?!

Dunno, I just notice that it starts to feel a lot more urgent as soon as it hits 4k, several people have noticed it in my car too =D

I find mine starts to change noticeably around 4k then really kicks in at 5k.
Lol at the people saying there is no kick in the 1*2's. That might be the case if your used to driving/going in bigger more powerful turbo cars and the like. But if the Clio is your first experience of a powerful car then there is definitely a kick at 5k.

Monaco RS Clio 172
agree with realnumber_1... it is my first more powerful car and it defo seems to kick at 5k.. it goes like s**t off a shovel until 7k..

when I first got it, I was so nice to it, I used to change at 5.5k.. fearing it may do it some damage and blow it...

now, she gets ripped right around til the shift light.. it's just too much fun and the worst thing is, at night on my way home, I am starting to do this more and more.

becoming a proper fuel guzzler.

especially with the noise the simota makes.. it is just so tempting to put my toe down. lol

I can blow so much fuel so quick like this, but still am left grinning ear and ear lol every time

Porsche Boxster987S
agree with realnumber_1... it is my first more powerful car and it defo seems to kick at 5k.. it goes like s**t off a shovel until 7k..

when I first got it, I was so nice to it, I used to change at 5.5k.. fearing it may do it some damage and blow it...

now, she gets ripped right around til the shift light.. it's just too much fun and the worst thing is, at night on my way home, I am starting to do this more and more.

becoming a proper fuel guzzler.

especially with the noise the simota makes.. it is just so tempting to put my toe down. lol

I can blow so much fuel so quick like this, but still am left grinning ear and ear lol every time

that could all change very quickly unless your careful mate