ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

That funny little star screwdriver thingy

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

What do I ask for if i wanna buy one of those little star screwdriver jobbies that will remove those little pesky star screw things that Renault use to attach parts to the car?

should I be able to get it from any motor spares dealer? or is it a special item

its called torx screws they use them on most cars should be able to get a set of torx screwdrivers or sockets in halfords

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

IIRC they are Torx screwdrivers. You can get them from most places, luckly for me my work has a complete set of them ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

who would do such a thing ? ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ye my work has got the security set of bits aswell in a little red plastic holder thing.. got about 20 in it.

vice - have a look at the kit that comes with your spare wheel - there should be 2 shiny silver screwdriver shafts and a grey plastic handle that they slot into. Mine has 2 or 3 sizes that fit most any bit of trim on the car.

Cool i was just about to ask you people what screw driver thingy you need to get those damn screws out of then i found this thread :)

I was just going to order some from screw fix direct when i found a load down at work :D

Golf GTTDI 130PD

I bought a nice little set from halfords...comes in useful for opening mobile phones as well. Was £19.99 I think

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Now why would you want to open a mobile phone? unless youre just curious to see whats inside ;)