ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thats It !!! The 172 Is Going!!!

Oh yeh, don't get rid of your Clio, I got a Focus ST170 5 door now we have a kid, damn it's no fun compared to the Clio!

Jap Shed
thanks mate! had the car 3 months and its never been anywhere but the garage i bought it off, renault want 60 quid just to look at the car!!!! no chance!!!

how much was it to fix?

Jap Shed
update!!!

the engine is back to normal now, pulling like a beast!

elec light is off now but eng fault light is still on..........

was free to fix under warranty, god knows if I had to pay for it. My Focus has had 3 problems in 6 months, the only perfect car I have ever owned was a Toyota - and guess what brand I'll be buying next ;-)

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
Ok after a bit of searching this is about the most appropriate thread I can find to stick my own problem on to....

I got a 53 plate 172 Cup, with 30400 on the clock and started having this problem last night. Had never happened before, then happened 3 times last night.... under acceleration, car dies, goes in to limp home safe mode and the wee squiggly warning light comes on.

As stated, switch the car off and on and it clears itself (at least until it does it again...!!).

Car goes in for a service a week on Friday, best to just live with it till then or is there anything else to do / try??

Not had a chance to see if problem has cleared itself this morning - mostly stop start journey to work!

BG182®
ive just had this problem today on the way to work. was driving along as normal and just as i turn onto the A2 the car shows that sqwiggle sign and drops the car to about 3000 revs. so i pulled over sat on the side for about 10 mins n started her up again. evrythink seemd ok so i set off again and bang! it happens again. this time i pull ova AGAIN, wait about 20 minutes and shes fine. this aint the first time its happend tho. it only seems to happen when it rainin like mad.