ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the 172/182 flared arches thingy...?

Da

Less
now I know the 'sport' types have flared front wings to give the more agressive look to the front end, and to complement this the front bumper is 'wider'.
But if you look at the front end of a 'sport' and a 'non sport' the area where the bumper/headlight/wing all come together look exactly the same... :S
So my question is, although the wings are flared above the wheels, how is there a difference in the bumpers between the two variants? :S

Hope this makes sense to someone, lol!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I know where u are coming from Daz

As the headlight stops, from that point to the end of the bumper it comes out by about 2" per side making the bumper 4" wider in total.

This obviously joins the Wings to allow for this difference.
The bottom of the bumper (where the splitter is) is also wider then the non-sport version

The wheels stick out further and the arch liners are "wider" hence the differences between the two.

But you are correct the rest of the bumper point are the same.

Da

Less
cheers for clearing that up Has and glad you could understand me, lol! So in effect all that effort for an extra 4" :eek:

can you put a pic up of your front end please mate?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
the wings come out further then the 4" as its really striking on how flared they are actually after i compared mine to Chris' 182 !

Ill add a piccy in a sec if i can find one

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Bodyshop absolutly hated me for it.. i was really fussy and wanted it spot on. All reno mounts used. Had so much doen to get it on i was checking progress every day over the whole week they had it.

1.JPG

13.JPG

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Compare how it is on this 182, you can see the wing sticks out a hell of a lot more. Seeing one up close reminded me how far it does stick out on the 182 then mine.....

Attachments

• nouv_clio_rs_01_big[1].jpg
    nouv_clio_rs_01_big[1].jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 120

Da

Less
yeah cheers, see what you mean. Why was there so much work involved when all the mounts are the same? Isn't everything a direct fit?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Sorry didnt explain that clear enough :p

The mounts are the same renault ones but have been moved along the sides.

The bumper has had to be re-moulded on the sides to fit spot on.

Then properly fixed using the same fixing method as Renault (bolt on-off)

Then smoothed/blended onto my wings to obtain a 100% fit

So i can still unbolt and remove as per normal (william has had his bonded onto his wings i beleive)
Which is what my bodyshop were going to do, but it wud never come off properly!

This way everything fits, and is not under any force (as it cud fling off otherwise hehe)

So all my under tray and arches fit backin with some special fixings, as i wanted it all back in place like OEM :D

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
LoL no worries Daz

i wish i had just baught a flippin 172/182 now

by far easier :p

A Fast One!
Has,

where did you get your carbon front splitter from? looks lovely!

your turini's look great in that anthracite type of colour as well

Alex

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Thanks mate,

CF splitter is from k-tec racing

altho the quality seems to have gone down a bit.

Last edited:
  R26 230
Has, ure doin exactly what im in process of, but have also only just found out about these flared arches, and am thinkin maybe it would be best to buy arches and front bumper, ure opinion and whther you know if this will relocate all of the bolt on holes and will therfore be a perfect bolt on fit?
cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Matt mines been doen for a while now.

But yes, ive known about the flared arches etc...

Your best of buying the Front Bumper, 2 x wings (flared) and the Side Skirts as they meet the wings

Speak to Austin as he has doen it that way.

PM me if you need any info.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup he has a Black 1.2

Hes basicly made it look completely like a 172/182

Ill mention this thread to him, or he may spot it. Doesnt seem to be online at the moment.

MKIII 138
has your clio is amazing. btw its probably not true but my 172cup`s arches seem bigger than my 172MKII arches did ? if you look at them on mine there like ford racing puma wide on the front ???

P1010132600x450.jpg

are they wider to mask the increased track width and different offset ?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
LOL @ Fred

As Fred says i beleive they are the same.

The cup looks nice. nice and simple :D